STOCKIMO - What's your highest score?

Lisa

Thank you Richard, hopefully I'll actually sell something through Stockimo soon. 

As to your question, there was a discussion last month (?) and it was mentioned that Android cell phone images are fine as long as they are submitted through the Apple APP, and the app can be installed on either an iPhone or an iPad.  I didn't want to switch from my Android phone plus I prefer to edit on a larger screen so buying an iPad was acceptable to me.

Pako, that's a cool urban shot.

'Pako' thanks for the tips. I am thinking about buying a clip on lens for my iPhone but haven't gotten around to it yet. I think this NYC photo of yours would make an excellent jigsaw puzzle. I love the composition, how you can see the buildings across the river. It deserves a 5 out of 4! It's my favorite Stockimo photo yet. (clap, clap, clap)

'Pako' thanks for the tips. I am thinking about buying a clip on lens for my iPhone but haven't gotten around to it yet. I think this NYC photo of yours would make an excellent jigsaw puzzle. I love the composition, how you can see the buildings across the river. It deserves a 5 out of 4! It's my favorite Stockimo photo yet. (clap, clap, clap)

thank you, thank you...

it is the view from my window. we moved to this neigborhood this winter, it is closer to my wife's office than the loft we had in Brooklyn. Don't think i'm rich or whatsoever, it is just a 1 BR with view ;-)

Lenses like the QX10 are a good and inexpensive (hey, a new iPhone cost 600$!) solution and you have a better quality. if you want to use the imagfes also for Alamy, you'll need to go for the QX100, that have the same sensor/lens than the original RX100 (I'm not sure it does support Raw)

I'm thinking about replacing the QX10 by the RX100 III (you have the same WiFi/Apps capabilities) but not this year.

Jason Langley has scored another 4.0!

^Blown highlights and all!  :huh:

Sometimes I am appalled when I see the mobile images on a big computer screen... Some images that look stunning on the tiny iPhone screen look totally different than expected in a color calibrated environment and sizes big enough to see defects... But this is a good example of a quick snap grabbed when we were just out walking and it was the only camera I had with me at the moment. There were two others from the same series that also received a rating of 4 from the review team.

Now... will they sell?

-Jason

Hi Lisa- 

Yeah! I've had a good number of 4's along with plenty of 3.7's over the past few weeks, and finally made it over 100 pics on Stockimo. Not many compared to some, but I have pretty much figured what they are looking for- Just having fun with it mostly though, and am still unsure what sales prospects it may bring- But in any case I am finding it's a nice creative workout sometimes between editing or key-wording 'normal' stock images. When my brain starts going mush after a few hundred keywords, I jump over to my camera roll and play for five minutes. Sometimes I end up with rubbish, but sometimes not! I am even finding that in some cases I begin to 'see' with mobile in mind; that actually some images seem to lend themselves to the medium (like this one)...

I have been really surprised myself with mobile photography. I was one of those who scoffed at the idea a few months back- I have never owned a mobile phone (read: any mobile phone!) until my my sister put a second hand iPhone 4 in my hands right about the time Stockimo was announced... No mobile contract, mind you, but I keep it in my pocket for random snaps. I actually start to like the damn thing! It's an amazing tool in the right hands, and I have discovered some absolutely incredible work done by some very talented artists using only mobile technology...

It certainly won't make you more creative (as alluded to in another thread), but a creative person (not me!) can use it do some amazing things!

Anyway... just some thoughts.  :) Five-minute break officially over, back to the key-wording grind.  <_<  

-Jason

I bagged my first 4.0 yesterday with this one

S04X08.jpg

Wee bit more processed than I would have done however maybe that's what they are looking for. 

Cool shot! Yes, generally the more processed shots seems to get better ratings than your 'standard' stock shot. They are looking for 'creative' though certainly open to interpretation!

-Jason

I bagged my first 4.0 yesterday with this one

S04X08.jpg

Wee bit more processed than I would have done however maybe that's what they are looking for. 

An excellent example of 'perspective' by the way. Congrats! 

I started uploading to Stockimo just over two weeks ago and I'm excited to finally report I earned a 4.0 with one of my images.  A blue variation of this image previously scored a 2.7.  All my accepted images are heavily processed/filtered with my most natural, least processed image scoring lowest with 2.3...heavily processed it is from here on out.

S04X6K.jpg

Just stumbled upon this Stockimo photo by Songster. No idea what it scored, but I'd give it a 4. Too cute.

Dog cuddles with toy while asleep.

S04YA8.jpg

Did anybody have any sale on Stockimo?

That's the million dollar (or perhaps $20?!?) question!

There have been a few in the images found threads. Hard to get a good idea if the collection as a whole is any more or less popular than the general collection. Judging simply by the small number of stockimo images that I have seen reported as licensed, I'd guess that most are pics that just happen to match a general search (not specifically requiring mobile/filtered images).

That said there are a numer of specific stockimo searches that turn up in Alamy measures, some of which show related sales.

-Jason

I've just started submitting to Stockimo over the last couple of weeks.

I am now up to 50 images and some of my 4's so far are shown below.

Lisa has already highlighted another one from Twitter.

S0554P.jpg

S052J7.jpg

S057YC.jpg

S05665.jpg

Archived