Sign in to follow this  
wanderluster

How do I delete one of my images?

I made a mistake and didn't mean to upload an image in a recent submission, and now cannot figure out how to delete it! HELP!!!

You can't do anything to an image (including deletion) between upload and QC... if that's what you mean...

Wanderluster;

Once they have passed QC (and only then), will they arrive in Manage Images, and you can delete it immediately using the "delete photo" button

Kumar

If you think it is something that might cause you to fail QC you could email member services and let them know.

Paulette

As you can see it depends on how far your image has got. The best time for deletion is after the QC when, or rather before, you annotate and keyword your images - before you finalise the image here it can be deleted totally and at once. After this a deletion will require 180 days notice, i.e. it will remain for sale half a year before it disappears from your portfolio. Your possibilities for editing the image during this time will be greyed out. In both cases you should use the delete button under the image in "Manage Images".

Edited by Niels Quist

If you think it is something that might cause you to fail QC you could email member services and let them know.

Paulette

I did that once when I left a photo in the folder that I had taken of a friend's horse at a horse pull competition. It was out of focus at 100%, but of course my friend would not have been looking at it that big.  When I emailed member services, I gave them the file name, but was told that once in the queue, I would have to wait for the conclusion of QC.

The lot passed QC and I deleted the photo in Manage Images. I don't know if it was looked at during QC, but probably not, as it would have been a sure fail.

So wanderluster will have to wait till QC is finished with it. If it has technical flaws, hopefully it won't be one of the ones looked at and can be removed from Manage Images. 

Jill