Better month for sales?

I have images to keyword but it's not on my priority list. Being the agency with the most photos isn't necessarily a positive.

No, but keywords are perhaps even more important.

Your remark made me take the liberty and have a look at your first image. One spelling error in a rather important keyword - and I think there were more keywords I would like to add.

I often have to persuade myself to use the necessary time keywording (takes more than you expect, especially when English is a foreign language) - but in the long run it is often worth while, I think, though will never throw off the time wages I would like..

So far, my best month ever by far! Things do seem to be picking up for me. Three sales so far this month, after 5 sales in 2 years, so hopefully I've reached the turning point. I'm also looking forward to the sales from a dozen images that made it to national newspapers from Live News earlier this month.

Sorry to put a downer on the mostly upbeat attitude here, but the next few days might throw a bit of a spanner in the works - 4 days off and then almost always a slow first day back to work.  Let's hope that the licensing really kicks in in the last week of the month.

Sorry to put a downer on the mostly upbeat attitude here, but the next few days might throw a bit of a spanner in the works - 4 days off and then almost always a slow first day back to work.  Let's hope that the licensing really kicks in in the last week of the month.

But the first day of the bank holiday has bought me two more sales :) Hope everyone has a good extended weekend!

But the first day of the bank holiday has bought me two more sales :) Hope everyone has a good extended weekend!

Are they dated today or yesterday.  Sometimes sales come in late and don't show until the next day.

Pearl

Are they dated today or yesterday.  Sometimes sales come in late and don't show until the next day.

Pearl

Good point Pearl, they are dated yesterday. Ah well, back to hoping for a good final week of this month.

Good point Pearl, they are dated yesterday. Ah well, back to hoping for a good final week of this month.

Most will know this - but perhaps not all. You can monitor the immediate sales by using "Net Revenue" in the sales information menu on your Alamy page. You need to change the date ending the period to a future one, I always just change the year to next year, i.e. the 14 to 15 - and the type of information should be changed from "Date cleared" to "Date of invoice" in order to view today's sales. (Working days).

I am not quite sure whether this is what Pearl and Callie meant above, but I have never experienced a sale being too late to show up the same day in this way.

Zero sales in many months now. getting a little fed up of looking at the daily report.

My images get zoomed but nothing beyond that. 

Right now, Alamy is the worst performing library that my images are in by far.

I had had no sales since August last year but have now had three this month. So there is hope; even so I am spreading my wings into other channels.

Zero sales in many months now. getting a little fed up of looking at the daily report.

I had had no sales since August last year but have now had three this month. So there is hope; even so I am spreading my wings into other channels.

I have fingers in other channels and they rip this place apart! It's frustrating as I feel that sales should happen but they don't. 

Still, I won't let it stop me uploading more stuff. Have a number of things to get live but haven't had much time due to jetting around.

I have fingers in other channels and they rip this place apart! It's frustrating as I feel that sales should happen but they don't. 

Still, I won't let it stop me uploading more stuff. Have a number of things to get live but haven't had much time due to jetting around.

Sorry to hear that, Jools. Maybe I should stop pointing a finger at NYC as the problem. I have three sales showing at the moment, but the winter of 2014 was awful. 

Most will know this - but perhaps not all. You can monitor the immediate sales by using "Net Revenue" in the sales information menu on your Alamy page. You need to change the date ending the period to a future one, I always just change the year to next year, i.e. the 14 to 15 - and the type of information should be changed from "Date cleared" to "Date of invoice" in order to view today's sales. (Working days).

I am not quite sure whether this is what Pearl and Callie meant above, but I have never experienced a sale being too late to show up the same day in this way.

I always use the net revenue method to look at my sales but not everyone knows about that so they see a delay in sales being reported via Summary of Images Sold.  That's why I asked the question.

Pearl

Just had my best sale ever, and for the full calculator price as well. - it's surprising how expensive internal print/poster licences are. 

A pretty average 'drive by' (or rather walk) picture but it obviously pressed someone's buttons. Fingers crossed that Alamy doesn't allow buyer remorse.

One swallow may not make a summer but I certainly had a warm feeling when it popped up. It wasn't the one they zoomed, either, apparently. Only 7 results.

Just had my best sale ever, and for the full calculator price as well. - it's surprising how expensive internal print/poster licences are. 

A pretty average 'drive by' (or rather walk) picture but it obviously pressed someone's buttons. Fingers crossed that Alamy doesn't allow buyer remorse.

One swallow may not make a summer but I certainly had a warm feeling when it popped up. It wasn't the one they zoomed, either, apparently. Only 7 results.

An Easter miracle? Congratulations.

I still don't know what sells, beyond 'stuff'.

Certainly not enough to know when not to bother- this one was taken on a dull day and there was an alternative result with a blue sky.

Dull day photos are certainly my best sellers.  I agree, I can't figure it out either. "Stuff" is just about right!

I still don't know what sells, beyond 'stuff'.

Certainly not enough to know when not to bother- this one was taken on a dull day and there was an alternative result with a blue sky.

Dull day photos are certainly my best sellers.  I agree, I can't figure it out either. "Stuff" is just about right!

Perhaps Alamy has become the "go-to" place for dull day photos because a lot of other agencies don't want them.

Archived