I subscribed to Practical Photography for a year but stopped it.  I think it's not as good as it was a few years ago.  Now I just broswe through the magazines in the shop and buy the one that has something interesting in it.  I'm a bit of a magazine addict, I hardly ever buy a newspaper as I prefer fact to fiction :)

• Upvote 1

Black & White Photography - the contemporary technical stuff is elementary, but the comprehensive exhibition listings are invaluable and there are often good pieces on photographic history and historic processes. Tim Clinch's articles are always a pleasure, too.

• Upvote 1

Agree with Alex about Black & White Photography mag - in look and feel it's very classy. Lee Frost and Eddie Ephraums always have something interesting to say as well.

I just ordered cameracraft from David, ordered after lunch on monday delivered to me by lunchtime today (wed) have had a quick look at them today look and feel like quality. At the moment I am trying my best not to read them, as I want to take them to Scotland with me at the end of the week for my evening reading, but to be honest they look so good I am going to have start reading tonight.. :)

when I ordered cameracraft I thought do I really need the binder that go's with them and the answer is absolutely yes .. these must be looked after..

As to my other reading materials, I have done a lot of off the shelf stuff and get bored with them, other than that the rps journal can contain some interesting stuff sometimes.

Steve.

• Upvote 1