Surge in textbook sales?

Micro, has the baby arrived yet?

Sorry, slightly off topic

Great to see that you all remember :). Yes i got him yesterday....fiance Karolina and baby boy Antonio both very healthy. Just Karolina has to stay still till tuesday at the hospital since she had a ceasarian section. So i have the next 3 days free time. I am happy father now. All baby stuff is prepared so i will use the next 3 days to shoot and hope to get close at number 3 from my previous email directed to John.

John ...... i think the receipt is:

1. move to canada

2. Buy a Sony Nex 6

3. Be a good photographer as you

I have allready number 2 :) :)

Congratulations on the new family member, Mirco. You've sold two beers now?

Thanks for the kind words. Now that I think about it, "surge" was perhaps not the best word to use. I'm not exactly talking about a flood of sales here, but it's encouraging to see more textbook leases in the $180+ range. They looked as if they might have joined the endangered species list for awhile.

We tend to get your American weather over here about a week later, John. Lets hope it works with American sales as well.

I'm actually in Canada (the other America). Hopefully, you won't be getting some of the current weather that is hitting eastern North America at the moment. Vancouver, where I live, is an exception to the rest of the country. We shovel rain instead of snow for most of the winter. Bamboo and other subtropical plants do quite well here as well.

We tend to get your American weather over here about a week later, John. Lets hope it works with American sales as well.

I'm actually in Canada (the other America). Hopefully, you won't be getting some of the current weather that is hitting eastern North America at the moment. Vancouver, where I live, is an exception to the rest of the country. We shovel rain instead of snow for most of the winter. Bamboo and other subtropical plants do quite well here as well.

That's why I didn't say US weather - I would never be so insensitive. I bet a few stock photos of shoveling rain would do well (12 results, but none of them really relevant)

Great to see that you all remember :). Yes i got him yesterday....fiance Karolina and baby boy Antonio both very healthy. Just Karolina has to stay still till tuesday at the hospital since she had a ceasarian section. So i have the next 3 days free time. I am happy father now. All baby stuff is prepared so i will use the next 3 days to shoot and hope to get close at number 3 from my previous email directed to John.

Congratulations Mirco and family!  Best wishes to you all.

Very surprised (in a good way) to see I just got a textbook sale.  I had my first sale about a week ago and then this one showed up.

That's a good sign. Make sure to submit more images with similar subject matter. Textbook publishers have a habit of coming back IME.

I wouldn't exactly call it a surge but I did get a nice textbook sale drop in my sales yesterday and it was of one of my old standbys that seems to sell over and over again!

Congratulations. If it weren't for those standbys that you mention, I'd be toast on Alamy.

Aha! I've just had a 180 surge into my account. And it was an image that has sold twice before for 180, back in 2009 and 2010.

Careful it does not "ebb" away again. ;)

Allan

A sale this morning describes an educational magazine (so not text book - but bear with me ..).

$ 200.00

Usage: Editorial
Media: Educational magazine - print only
Print run: up to 10,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 2 page spread
Start: 01 April 2014
End: 01 May 2014
In-Context Worldwide Digital Rights Included; Print run: 13,000.

Does anyone State-side know who this might be? - it's a refreshingly good rate for a 30-day, low-print-run.

Thanks,

Richard. 

A sale this morning describes an educational magazine (so not text book - but bear with me ..).

$ 200.00

Does anyone State-side know who this might be? - it's a refreshingly good rate for a 30-day, low-print-run.

Thanks,

Richard. 

Can you tell me which photo it is? Maybe that will give us a hint.

Aha! I've just had a 180 surge into my account. And it was an image that has sold twice before for 180, back in 2009 and 2010.

and today, the same image for the same amount with the same details. Fully expecting a refund of the first, but you never know.

To prove they're still surging, here's my latest:

$180

Media: Textbook - print and e-book
Print run: Unlimited
Start: 01 March 2014
End: 01 March 2039
All terms and rights granted as per the Alamy Preferred Vendor Agreement dated 26th January 2010 prevail. Flat rate per image, license period 20 years.

ARPXJT.jpg

Here Lisa,

Thanks,

Richard.

Richard Baker, on 07 Mar 2014 - 6:42 PM, said:snapback.png

$ 200.00

Thanks,

Richard. 

BJRDMB.jpg

Here Lisa,

Thanks,

Richard.

Richard Baker, on 07 Mar 2014 - 6:42 PM, said:snapback.png

$ 200.00

Thanks,

Richard. 

BJRDMB.jpg

A bit of cultural confusion from our colonial cousins there. Smashing picture of course.

Hi all! New here, first post!

I think I did have a textbook sale?

Usage: iQ sale: Educational book, editorial digital use, one time use only
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 27 February 2014
End: 27 February 2019

Do I read into that as it can't be used for books on mass and the buyer can only use my image a single time i.e once as in just one book, confused ??

and today, the same image for the same amount with the same details. Fully expecting a refund of the first, but you never know.

I suspect you did have a refund, Phil (but hope not).  I had this exact sale on Friday, then repeated yesterday, refunded today.  As it happens, this was my fourth textbook sale this month (not counting the one that was cancelled out) but they weren't all for $180 more's the pity. 

Chris

I suspect you did have a refund, Phil (but hope not).  I had this exact sale on Friday, then repeated yesterday, refunded today.  As it happens, this was my fourth textbook sale this month (not counting the one that was cancelled out) but they weren't all for $180 more's the pity. 

Chris

Yes, me too. But it was expected. On the plus side, my second biggest sale ever turned up today, followed by another 3-figure sale this afternoon. I've made more in the last two days than I did in February. There is hope yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived