MariaJ

First sale this week : )

I feel like I'm finally joining the club here at Alamy, I got my first sale/license this past week.   :)  

I signed on at the end of May with my first 4 and have slowly been building my collection. A bit over 300 so far, but more coming soon!

DA8G8T.jpg

Maria

• Upvote 2

Yeah, the first one feels great. The second one feels even better!

Alan

• Upvote 2

Well done. It always seems to take a while for pix to get 'into the system'. Plenty more sales to follow... :)

• Upvote 2

Very good. I'm sure there will be more.

Paulette

• Upvote 2

Congratulation's  Maria, 

Interesting rock formation, not surprised it sold!

• Upvote 2

Congratulations! Just a 300-photo portfolio and you got your first sale! Definitely, something to be proud of  behind the encouraging sign.

Wish you more sales soon! ;)

• Upvote 2

Congrats Maria, wish you more sales soon... I'm still waiting for the first one… :)

• Upvote 2

Well done, Maria.  You have a nice variety of pictures which undoubtedly helps.  Keep uploading so you don't have to wait too long for the second sale!

• Upvote 2

Hi Maria,

I was also very happy to see my first sale. It only pushed me to work more. Few weeks lather the next 3 appeared. Like others mentioned you have great images and deserved to have your first sale.

Mirco

• Upvote 1

I had my first sale in two months yesterday. It was to someone in India and paid a gross of $6.27. I can't tell you how excited I am. And, no -- I do not belong to any of the bargain schemes. 

• Upvote 2

Thanks very much for your encouragement.   A round of virtual beverages on me!

A bottle of Black Isle Yellowhammer will do me fine.

Alan

I'm still waiting for my first sale. Have had two photos searched under their Alamy code, so I have been hoping to see at least one of them as a sale. But congrats Maria, slog on!

• Upvote 1

I had my first sale in two months yesterday. It was to someone in India and paid a gross of $6.27. I can't tell you how excited I am. And, no -- I do not belong to any of the bargain schemes. 

Congratulations. You must be only about 10 rupees short of Nirvana over that one.

I'm still waiting for my first sale. Have had two photos searched under their Alamy code, so I have been hoping to see at least one of them as a sale. But congrats Maria, slog on!

As I understand it, they almost always come through - though you may have to wait months.  I'm hanging on for a couple, myself.

Ouch!  That won't keep you in chai, much less coffee.  I would not be a happy Larry with that sale after two months wait.  Sure I can't interest you in a iPhone app?

I'm sorry, Maria. I shouldn't be displaying my negativity on top of what is good news for you.  :huh:

• Upvote 1

Congratulations, Maria. Nice bright shot. It definitely doesn't look like Vancouver, though.

• Upvote 1

Had exactly the same sale Ed, I was over the moon, NOT!!!

Had exactly the same sale Ed, I was over the moon, NOT!!!

On the bright-ish side, though, even a small sale like this can help your ranking.

Same here, sold 4 images for India totalling gross $25.08 of which I'll get 30% !!!  Less and less revenue!