The Fuji X-T1

$31.99! A great price, Linda. Maybe I should get one just to carry my lunch? The Shibata looks great too. But another bag I need not. The one I've been using to carry just the RX10 or just the NEX-6 with two primes is not really a camera bag, but it looks like a kiddy-size one. It's a man purse, with just one space inside. The next step up would be one of my Domkes, maybe the F3, but it has much more room than I need.  :)

I'm just a curious outsider here, owning the Sony RX10 and two NEX cameras, but not the X-T1 or any other Fuji smaller (not small) cameras. I've never been a fan of the so called pocketable cameras or jazzy, top-line cell phone cameras . . . but what is it about the Fuji X-T1 that is attracting so many buyers?

It ain't cheap ($1,699), that's for sure. And that's before you start buying lenses. The weight with a shorter zoom range is about the same as my RX10 with it's 24-200 f/2.8 Zeiss zoom. I'm looking for a basic, quick answer here, because I'm not in the market for a new camera.

:huh:

I was looking for a system that replaced my Canon 5dmkii and L glass. I wanted something that was lighter but did not sacrifice any quality. I wanted the raw files to be very flexible with minimal noise when tweaking them.

I also wanted something that felt like a camera, something solid that would take a bit of punishment (dropped mine already.... not even a mark). I also wanted great quality lenses, Canon L or better from wide angle to long tele. Admittedly, they are only at 200 at the moment but are due to go to 400. There are signs of accessories  coming out for the T1 and if they spend time on a flash system, this will truly be a system camera setup. That EVF is also fantastic... big bright and clean layout with near on zero lag.

While I love the camera on it's own, it has to be said it would be nothing without good quality glass and Fuji has been hitting home run after home run in terms of quality lenses. The T1 in it's simplest form is a great interface for those top notch lenses. As a bonus, they are keen to keep improving your camera well after release.... this is nice as well.

I have the Canon 600RT flash that I bought last year for almost $600.00. I.Hate.It.  It shuts down after 10 frames,even if I am not shooting fast. It's also inconsistent. I bought a few of the Yongnuo  560 III  or whatever and with the external battery pack and the flash dialed down a bit the flash is faster than the Canon and doesn't just stop after 4 minutes and make me look like the red carpet idiot. :-)  I've used this flash-seeing it works with all systems with the Fuji XPro1 and I also have cheap poverty wizards I can use. So,if you consider a 3rd party flash,it's not an issue.

They are very good. I have 2 of them but it would be good if I could set them up from the camera. From what I understand, there is a Yongnuo radio transmitter specifically for the 560III on the way that will allow this and more..... so keep a eye out for the  :)

I have some transmitters that are at least 7 years old and work with every camera and flash I've tried them on.

I love these cheap flash units.I will never invest in a $500+ flash again. Unless I went suddenly senile and decided to be a full time wedding photog..then I'd invest in the Quantum line.

Though I got rid of my Fuji XPro 1 and opted for the Sony RX10 I still have my little Fuji Flash(The $100 one) and the transmitters with this flash and the Sony work nice and it's so small.

Linda

$31.99! A great price, Linda. Maybe I should get one just to carry my lunch? The Shibata looks great too. But another bag I need not. The one I've been using to carry just the RX10 or just the NEX-6 with two primes is not really a camera bag, but it looks like a kiddy-size one. It's a man purse, with just one space inside. The next step up would be one of my Domkes, maybe the F3, but it has much more room than I need.  :)

Love my bag and I am just as bad at returning camera bags as I am cameras.But this one is a keeper and I've had it for 5 months or so. It goes crossbody quite nicely and is comfortable. I think I bought mine from that ebay seller and he has a return policy. I have a knock off very sturdy 'Rapid strap' on my RX10. I love that thing too. From China it was appx $10.00. It's so well made and I only had a real rapid strap once but I swear this is made better. I woudn't use it with a heavier DSLR but for the RX10 and other small systems,it's great to keep the camera on the side instead of hanging from the neck and in front.  L

Linda

No,it's not dinky! It has 2 separate compartments inside plus 4 on the outside.The inside divider is velcro and can be moved or removed. It can hold my Canon 6D with the 24-105mm L lens, Canon 70-300mm lens,Canon 600RT flash, my battery pack,iphone,wallet,folded up maps or press kits,small water bottle on the side,cards,extra batteries,pens,notepad and pepper spray on the side!

Now for your lunch...are you taking along a full slab of ribs or massive slices of NYC pizza? Then that could be a problem! :-)

Measures appx 13x8x4 inches

L

Archived