Current QC status

QC Conundrum.  Any clues anyone?    I now have a 100% failure rate since February (4 out of 4), with a likely 5th, languishing since 21st.   Serves him right, you'll say.  Useless beginner, should learn his trade.  

OK, so let's look at the plus side.  Been earning money from stock since the early 1970s, Alamy since 2001, told I'm in the "top 500" of Alamy sellers, which puts me in about the top 2%.   March sales $1211 gross, April to date $1353 gross.  But now in danger of having my "account terminated for 6 months", as the agreement says, for inability to pass QC.

So what's happened?   Well, the problems started when I bought a new Canon 7D.   Until then I'd got some 8,000 images through with barely a quibble.   When the 7D started showing up the reds, I sent it back to Canon for calibration.   Still the reds came creeping in.   And got worse.  Now the QC microscope is so focussed I can't see where the fault lies.   All they say is "Image soft...soft...soft".   So I went back to my tried and trusted 5D, which has NEVER had a failiure.   Again no good.  Once you have a criminal record, there's no way out.

So it looks like adios, folks.   Seems a pity as it's people like me who keep Alamy in business.

Rolf Richardson

I know this might sound sarcastic but it is meant seriously. Do you need you eyes tested? My last QC failure came the week before I got my first reading glasses - I haven't had one since.

(what on earth is nbsp???)

Phil has brought up an important question. I think we forget how hard the digital world is on our vision. Staring at screens all day is really tough on the eyes, especially older ones. I was recently surprised by a "dust and other blemishes" QC failure of an image that I must have checked a dozen times before submitting. I'm now wearing very powerful reading glasses to examine images, plus I'm going to make an appointment with my eye doctor. Having OCD just isn't enough any longer.

That's me behind you in line, John.   :wacko:

Sorry, I didn't recognize your face.

According to his avatar picture, he has changed...........only a bit though!

Yes, love the green hat!

Lost some weight as well...

Yes, love the green hat!

I think he's dehydrated.

Yes, love the green hat!

I think he's dehydrated.

Does his nose look big in that picture? I presume it's his nose!!!

Sorry to drag you guys back onto topic, but...

10 images uploaded last night, as a single batch, passed QC and key worded first thing this morning. A personal record - and well done Alamy!

Of course more haste less speed, I'll take a closer look this evening when I'm bound to find some typos.

Sorry to drag you guys back onto topic, but...

10 images uploaded last night, as a single batch, passed QC and key worded first thing this morning. A personal record - and well done Alamy!

Of course more haste less speed, I'll take a closer look this evening when I'm bound to find some typos.

Same thing here. Impressed! Now if only they can post my next week's multi-thousand $ mega sales TODAY... -_-

Archived