Current QC status

I've been getting emails on time lately but sometimes notifications are batched and you get them days later. I don't rely on them.

I almost never get an email. Maybe one out of every 5 uploads.

Jill

Good QC record? 48 hours.

Much less than that.

wim

My recent QC record is my last failure (a single image) September 2012.   Since then 174 uploads containing 1904 images,  so I think not too bad.

In recent days, average time to clear QC  has been 3 days.

Much less than that.

wim

My recent QC record is my last failure (a single image) September 2012.   Since then 174 uploads containing 1904 images,  so I think not too bad.

Usually a couple of hours. Occasionally a day.

wim

Much less than that.

wim

wim

You must be one of these then:  "Most contributors see their work available and ready for annotation and keywording within an average of 24 hours from the date of upload."  

How do those of us who consistently average about 3 days turnaround, with no QC failures in over 100 submissions, break into the 24 hour club?

"How do those of us who consistently average about 3 days turnaround, with no QC failures in over 100 submissions, break into the 24 hour club?"

Can't answer that but 99% of my, admittedly smallish submissions, pass within 24 hours. Other libraries are not as good as this in my experience. 

My turnaround was frequently within 24 hours. I had 1 failure (due to size - I uploaded the wrong versions of the files by accident last April) from over 100 uploads.

My new RX100 shots were rejected in January, the culrpit being the very first one: a night shot adjudged to be SoLD. For that I was sent to the sin bin for 28 days.

In that time my CTR shot down to 0.00 and I had my first zoom in a month at the weekend so I've decided to take a break from uploading to Alamy. If I get some spare time I'll revisit my images to revamp the keywords.

Much less than that.

wim

wim

You must be one of these then:  "Most contributors see their work available and ready for annotation and keywording within an average of 24 hours from the date of upload."  

How do those of us who consistently average about 3 days turnaround, with no QC failures in over 100 submissions, break into the 24 hour club?

What would you think?

;-))

wim

This failure can be really annoying. After 30 days you find one of ylour uploads was found to be soft when in fact it is crystal clear and sharp with adequate contrast.  I sometimes fear that the monitors used by maybe only one of the QC team needs calibration.  I have over 600 approvals but occasioanlly get this stupid and to my mind, false reason for failure.

If their monitors were in need of calibrating (i doubt it) more of us would possibly fail QC.

If you have a fail make good use of your 30 day period by taking more picture or re-key wording your existing images or reviewing your workflow.

if your workflow is watertight and consistent you will not fail QC.

Regards

Craig 

Just FYI.

I've just had 2 fails out of 4 subs a couple of days apart (don't ask) and the next submission passed in 24 hours.

So I don't know what I'd have to do to get on the naughty step but it must be very naughty.

found to be soft when in fact it is crystal clear and sharp with adequate contrast.

I've just had a SOLD  fail that I thought was OK (admittedly a 1600 ISO 1/3 sec exposure) . Occasionally it seems to be a matter of opinion but, since this is Alamy's show, they get to have the opinion. So I try something else.

This failure can be really annoying. After 30 days you find one of ylour uploads was found to be soft when in fact it is crystal clear and sharp with adequate contrast.  I sometimes fear that the monitors used by maybe only one of the QC team needs calibration.  I have over 600 approvals but occasioanlly get this stupid and to my mind, false reason for failure.

Well, I reckon you've got two choices;

keep looking for the fault in Alamy's equipment/processes

or

start looking for any possible (I repeat, possible) faults in your taking/processing/editing processes.

In my experience, only one of the above will help improve your submission success rate.

dd

I uploaded 2 images on March 4th and they are still waiting Q.C  !!!!

My last upload was in Dec and they all passed so I am not in the sin-bin.

Should I email Alamy or just wait ?

Yes, you are now in the sin bin. One of your images has a fail. Sin bin isn't after a fail, sin bin is how long Alamy takes to let you know you have failed. So judging by how long it has been, you will have a fail in this lot. You will be able to upload right away after notification. Won't be long though since you have been waiting since the 4rth.

Jill

Looks as if I am in sinbin too as 2 images uploaded on 1.3.2014 still awaiting QC.

My last fail was 4 years ago - seems a strange way to treat a contributor. My business wouldn't last long if I treated my clients like that.

Rant over !!

I've got more success with Stockimo uploads than I have with QC lol. Far easier taking pics with my iPhone and uploading than the hassle of using my far too expensive Canon 1D and 'L' lenses. I think the stricter QC has come far too late for Alamy. I say stricter because I was uploading everything and anything with a cheap EF-S lens and rebel camera for ages and the second I upgraded my gear it all started going wrong. Doesn't make a shred of sense to me. 

Archived