Uploads from the 5th and 6th finally passed overnight. It would be good if Alamy did their own current QC status like they do over Christmas.

I.E " QC will take a little longer for the next 2 weeks as a couple of staff are on holiday".

Regards

Craig

My three uploads starting on 2nd passed this morning. Feels like it's back to the old days for QC. Big relief anyway.

Pearl

Same here, can get on with further uploads now.

Phew. I had started mentally reviewing every image (a small upload thankfully) - mainly in the "it won't sell anyway" category of worry.

Why does this always happen to me when I haven't uploaded for a while and therefore feel I may have let standards slip. QC may have got toughter. etc...

Edited by John Crellin

Mine from the 5th passed overnight/this morning.

Well done Alamy if they are burning the midnight oil to get rid of the back log.

John.

Phew. I had started mentally reviewing every image (a small upload thankfully) - mainly in the "it won't sell anyway" category of worry.

Why dies this always happen to me when I haven't uploaded for a while and therefore feel I may have let standards slip. QC may have got toughter. etc...

I know the feeling... My last upload was from last year. Still waiting for my upload from 3/3 to pass (or fail....).

My upload from yesterday afternoon has just passed through, after seeing this thread I was beginning to think I might have to wait a while here ! :)

Eight days.... At least they passed. Now time to let keywording suck away my life

Mine through as well now, in the early hours of this morning apparently - 2, 3, 4, and 5 March.

Why do I let Alamy get to me in the way it does?  Blind optimism as I upload another batch: these will be the pictures that will change the world; followed by increasing paranoia with every passing day stuck in QC.  A moment of elation seeing the images have passed QC, immediately replaced with depression at the prospect of keywording a whole new batch (or multiple batches) of pictures.  And every morning, looking for the "Your Images" update: the moment of anticipation, immediately replaced by disappointment.  But I still optimistically look every morning - will I never learn?  A dog will come back wagging its tail at you, pleased to see you next morning however much you have kicked it the night before (allegedly - I do not have a dog, so animal lovers, do not abuse me for abusing my non-existent and totally hypothetical pet) - I am an incurable Alamy masochist, Alamy's dog - woof, woof.

• Upvote 7

I hereby declare the first meeting of the Tuesday Morning Club open.

I hereby declare the first meeting of the Tuesday Morning Club open.

Count me in a founder member!

John

Uploaded  late afternoon Tuesday 11th,  cleared through this afternoon 13th..

I'm waiting for three weeks !

Alamy stuff are sleeping !

Waiting since late on the 6th...I'll be the one who gets hammered.  I really do pour over my images, bit by bit. I don't try to palm off inferior work, because of a couple of failures in the past few months, I know they check each and every image I upload.  I only upload small batches, so it is easy for them to look at each.  Maybe I need new computer glasses.

No, what I need is a beer. Happy for your success and pass, but your success makes me depressed. :(

Waiting since late on the 6th...I'll be the one who gets hammered.  I really do pour over my images, bit by bit. I don't try to palm off inferior work, because of a couple of failures in the past few months, I know they check each and every image I upload.  I only upload small batches, so it is easy for them to look at each.  Maybe I need new computer glasses.

No, what I need is a beer. Happy for your success and pass, but your success makes me depressed. :(

Same here.. Still waiting, and hoping...

Maybe I need new computer glasses.

My last fail came a week before I got my first reading glasses - you might be right.

Uploads from the 12th and 14th of March passed this morning. :)

Regards

Craig

Once you go past 3 days you will have to wait for 30 days.

A bit stupid really like being on the 'naughty step'. If Alamy is serious about selling images why the hell make people wait this long occasionally for transgressions which at times are somewhat doubtful?

It becomes necessary to clone out sea birds which in backgrounds could appear to be dust spots for example.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Once you go past 3 days you will have to wait for 30 days.

Not as a rule. It's usual to pass in a few days but up to a week isn't too unusual.

I've uploaded 3 batches in the last week, all passed within 24 hours, one within 12 hours.

Jill

Just had a 24-hour resub pass (resub 3pm on Friday)after a 48-hour fail.

The resub had a couple of dodgy ones in it by accident. Fingers were crossed.

A couple of  uncorrected 1600ISO pix as well.

Edited by spacecadet

Just had a 24-hour resub pass (resub 3pm on Friday)after a 48-hour fail.

The resub had a couple of dodgy ones in it by accident. Fingers were crossed.

A couple of  uncorrected 1600ISO pix as well.

What is a "48-hour fail"?

A fail after 48 hours in QC.

Did I miss an announcement that emails aren't being sent?

I just had a look and found my files uploaded on Friday (14th) had been accepted on Saturday (15th). I didn't even know QC worked on Saturdays.

Great for the turnaround time - my previous batches had been taking 5-6 days.

But really - no emails?