Sign in to follow this  
Lauria

Black list of cameras

What a shame that quality control has a black list of cameras that are not accepted. It is as that is considered professional a photographer according to camera that uses...

What a shame that quality control has a black list of cameras that are not accepted. It is as that is considered professional a photographer according to camera that uses...

Professional does not enter into the equation as far as Alamy is concerned. They "black list" cameras because they feel that it does not produce a satisfactory image.

Allan

It is what they think but many images I've seen leave much to be desired, the camera does not make the good photographer...

It's not a matter of 'good', Alamy don't edit for content. QC is a fairly objective measure of technical quality and the cameras on the blacklist can't meet it, so Alamy save QC time by not accepting images from them.

And I look forward to seeing more Trabants competing in Formula 1...

• Upvote 4

A good camera doesn't make a good photographer, but even the best photographer must have a good enough camera.

Hey, Phil, we don't do no talk about philosophy here in da forum! Not politics, no religion and . . . no philosophy. This ain't some fancy Maidstone pub! 

I have no problem with a blacklist for cameras but would be very concerned if there was a blacklist of photographers.

I have no problem with a blacklist for cameras but would be very concerned if there was a blacklist of photographers.

Sounds good to me, how do I apply?

Sounds good to me, how do I apply?

Consecutive QC fails. :)

Allan

Hey, Phil, we don't do no talk about philosophy here in da forum! Not politics, no religion and . . . no philosophy. This ain't some fancy Maidstone pub! 

Hmm - you've never been to Maidstone, have you, Ed?!

Edited by Phil Robinson
  • Upvote 2

Hmm - you've never been to Maidstone, have you, Ed?!

lol +1 @ Phil