Anyone else out there been with Alamy since the beginning? blimey where's the time gone? I was still in my 30s then... I joined in 2000 but didnt really start uploading for a year or so, then my first sale was A98531

Heres a little blog posting about Alamy...

http://bit.ly/1kyj58b

I'm a latecomer myself, Mark (too late by the way things appear to be going :(!)

Enjoyed browsing through your Website, though.  You have some great work there - you've certainly been keeping yourself productive over the years.  Let's hope Alamy is here in another 14 years  :)!

Let's hope Alamy is here in another 14 years  :)!

Now you've got me worried.

Allan

PS: I was a late comer too.

2003 for me.  Only uploaded 15 images but got 1st sale after one year so started uploading more.

Pearl

My first sale was in June 2002 after joining in March 2002. It would have been film scans in those days.

It was $109 for 1/8 page for one month in a magazine of 250,000 print run.

Edited by Martin P Wilson

Mark, you precede me by a few years.

First batch of images via postal CD in March 2004.

First sale in May 2004 - very similar sale to Martin's above.

Regards

July 2004.. took a Firewire Hard Drive down to Oxford with about 1000 images on it ,signed up and off we went.

I signed up in 2000 but didn't start uploading until 2007. It was a long story...

2004 for me - uploaded 48 and got 4 sales in the first year - was hooked (average per sale was > $200 !)

Kumar

2004 for me - uploaded 48 and got 4 sales in the first year - was hooked (average per sale was > $200 !)

Kumar

Blimey, those were the days weren't they?! I remember a 3k sale ( my share) in the early days...

I think I signed up late 2002 and started to upload in early 2003. First sale a few months later - and the rest is history! ;-)

I joined Alamy in Jan 2007. First sale in Sept 2008. Only loaded in dribs and drabs until a few years ago.

I just missed the glory years! :(

John

I joined Alamy in Jan 2007. First sale in Sept 2008. Only loaded in dribs and drabs until a few years ago.

John

Blimey I wouldnt describe them as the glory years, my images at Corbis were the real deal... returns with them now are down by 90 per cent...

John

Blimey I wouldnt describe them as the glory years, my images at Corbis were the real deal... returns with them now are down by 90 per cent...

OK, point taken!

I should have written 'better years than now'!

John.

December 2004, sent test submission of 12 tiffs on cd in January 2005....!!

Yes I posted a cd of 10 jpegs for my initial submission on the 24th January 2007 and they were failed on the 14th February!

People moan about waiting a couple of days now for QC! Ahh, the good old days!!

John.

• Upvote 1

Yes I posted a cd of 10 jpegs for my initial submission on the 24th January 2007 and they were failed on the 14th February!

People moan about waiting a couple of days now for QC! Ahh, the good old days!!

I have obviously not taken part in "the good old days". But a lot of development must have happened in the technical and Internet area between 2007 and 2009, when I joined with four uploaded submissions, and the site (more or less) was working in the same way as it is today.

Edited by Niels Quist

2001 or 2002 I think...I had my first sale in 2003. Ah, the glory days of mailing CDs from Australia :-)

Looking at the invoice it indicates payment is due within 30 days and Alamy will claim interest if they "are not paid according to agreed terms, at 1.5% per month."  Is all or part of that interest charge passed on to the contributor?  :huh:

We read about Alamy in our local paper prior to its launch and joined in the very early days with our first upload at the end of October 2000 and our first sale in June 2001.

There are two articles here from 2000 and 2013 that you might find interesting:

http://www.oxfordtimes.co.uk/archive/2000/04/27/6632687.Pair_put_sales_in_the_picture/

http://www.oxfordtimes.co.uk/news/10584081.Global_picture_operation_developed_out_of_digital_imaging_idea/

• Upvote 1