Also it helps the search engine optimization of the pages ..

I didn't know Alamy's pages appeared in external browser searches. If I type within Google the words "catholic" and "scooter" there is no result for that picture example I posted earlier but there is for the Photoshelter and the Corbis page. Even if I add the word "alamy" it still isn't picked up.

I wonder what they mean?

Richard. 

So is it not possible to allow only registered clients/buyers to see this additional info in the same way that only certain clients/buyers zooms will register?

I wouldn't have a problem with that. SPLENDID idea! ;)

Alamy, worth considering ....???? Would made clients AND contributors happy.

Cheers,

Philippe

+1

Alamy,

For your serious contributors the theft of the hard work they have put into keywording is enormously important.

Retaining the ranking they have worked hard for is enormously important.

Not only in practice but in principle.

Turning a blind eye to this will send a major message to your serious contributors.

That's surely not what any of us wants?

I wonder how this will effect the have you found any Alamy pictures this month. It will now become , here's whats selling and this is the keywords you need to use. Is that a good thing ? Interesting to hear what the Brits think.

So is it not possible to allow only registered clients/buyers to see this additional info in the same way that only certain clients/buyers zooms will register?

I wouldn't have a problem with that. SPLENDID idea! ;)

Alamy, worth considering ....???? Would made clients AND contributors happy.

Cheers,

Philippe (already enough frustrated by the dodgy newspaper's selfbilling system. When will that be fixed .....????)

Good idea, but I doubt that it will happen. Alamy is probably hoping that showing keywords to everyone will help turn casual browsers into new customers.

Alamy,

For your serious contributors the theft of the hard work they have put into keywording is enormously important.

Turning a blind eye to this will send a major message to your serious contributors.

+1

Pearl

I wonder how this will effect the have you found any Alamy pictures this month. It will now become , here's whats selling and this is the keywords you need to use. Is that a good thing ? Interesting to hear what the Brits think.

Hahaha +1 have a greenie

I better start checking . I might well have a large man with the keywords "Fat Man" that had once been safe now visible to all . Certainly got searched a few times on Alamy last year but not sure how many models will enjoy being called it.

I better start checking . I might well have a large man with the keywords "Fat Man" that had once been safe now visible to all . Certainly got searched a few times on Alamy last year but not sure how many models will enjoy being called it.

Oh dear. I can think of a few that I didn't expect to be seen.

What happened years ago (on Alamy) was that some contributors made a search then copied the keywords from one of the top found images :-(

I used to have my name in the keywords and some idiots were to lazy (stupid) to delete my name so they were easily found.

I think that the result of this will be to have more and more images with the same keywords.

Oh dear. I can think of a few that I didn't expect to be seen.

Likewise. Sometimes there is such a thing as too much transparency.

Alamy,

+1

Pearl

I have always looked at Alamy as a "team for individuals". In other words we all compete against each other and that makes the team better and stronger. Being a competitive person finding keywords that others might not have used was always for me a great way to compete and I enjoy that . Where I'm located I'm up against Zuma press and one way I can compete against them is by key wording lets face it Zuma have a massive advantage over me as it is ,this just gives them an even bigger advantage. To think that those guys won't copy keywords is just a little too far fetched for me.

What happened years ago (on Alamy) was that some contributors made a search then copied the keywords from one of the top found images :-(

I used have my name in the keywords and some idiots were to lazy (stupid) to delete my name so they were easily found.

I think that the result of this will be to have more and more images with the same keywords.

I tend to agree. History has a habit of repeating itself. However, Alamy may have been up against the wall with this one.

Are there currently any other big agencies that don't show all keywords? Perhaps Alamy was unique in this respect.

John, the point is that on most big agencies its the agencies who do the final effective keywording.  That keywording work is included in the percentage of the income from our sales which goes to the agency.

On Alamy the contributors do all that work themselves  -  some are much better at it / work much harder at it than others.

And now they are going to be penalised for keywording better and working harder.

THAT IS SIMPLY NOT FAIR.

And it is certainly not an incentive for any aspiring contributor.

Are there currently any other big agencies that don't show all keywords? Perhaps Alamy was unique in this respect.

John, the point is that on most big agencies its the agencies who do the final effective keywording.  That keywording work is included in the percentage of the income from our sales which goes to the agency.

On Alamy the contributors do all that work themselves  -  some are much better at it / work much harder at it than others.

And now they are going to be penalised for keywording better and working harder.

THAT IS SIMPLY NOT FAIR.

And it is certainly not an incentive for any aspiring contributor.

Valid points, for sure. But hopefully Alamy will continue to allow us to keyword our own images. I would hate to give up the control despite negative implications of the current policy change.

Archived