May Challenge "Excess"

The Challenge for May will be "Excess"!  It can mean so many different things so keep your mind open before entering up to and no more than three (3) of your photos.  Photos must be taken by you.  The contest is open until midnight (GMT) May 31st 2013!  Looking forward to seeing more wonderful imagery!

Michael

My three

BY2095.jpg

The school run in India - four up on a moped may be considered excessive

A47XFX.jpg

An excess of rain. This guy turned around but the next car along obviously believed the publicity for his 4x4 as he tried to plough through it at full speed. Luckily there was a tractor nearby to pull him out.

BY2GYN.jpg

Going to market in Nepal. We met these lads and asked  them what their packs weighed. They said 100kg. A few days later we spoke to a sherpa leader with excellent English, and we asked him if it was true that the packs weighed 100kg. "No, no, no" he said laughing "these boys like to impress the tourists. I used to carry packs to the market and they are usually 80kg, rarely more than 90kg"  

Col

I think it's always slow to start. I have to do some keywording on new images I have submitted with the challenge in mind. You got me moving with your idea.

Paulette

Getting inspired by the subject, and how others interpret it, is one of the things I enjoy most about the monthly Challenges.

I think it's always slow to start. I have to do some keywording on new images I have submitted with the challenge in mind. You got me moving with your idea.

Paulette

Michael, I'd like to see a few of your own images on the theme.

Paulette

Of course I can't enter but here are a few I found in my collection that might have worked for this theme.

Excess Snow in Alberta, Canada

AX4FTW.jpg

Excess people in Cairo, Egypt

B991X5.jpg

Excess amount of jelly fish

CWFK5P.jpg

And one more, just for fun.   An excess-ive government?

BE0M68.jpg

D7KP67.jpg

There was a drought in Kenya when I was there so there are not only a lot of hippos in the river but their waste is not being swept away by the current. Not enough water...too much........smelly stuff. 

D7KP8Y.jpg

There were waves and waves of zebras coming to this waterhole in the late afternoon. They were making sounds like barking. Fabulous experience for me.

D71338.jpg

The arctic looks vast and empty with the polar bears alone except for their cubs. It seems a miracle that they can find their food. This cub's mother gave some sort of signal that her cubs were to sit still and she moved by inches and froze -- then suddenly ran and punched through the ice for a seal. If you want to see the entire sequence search PBHunt. I don't know if this little one ate to excess but he was certainly eager.

Paulette

Archived