May 2023 Favourite Uploads

VbFolly

4 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

And again.

Orange brown and white tabby cat in Coffee cats window The Strait Lincoln City.

orange-brown-and-white-tabby-cat-in-coff

Disused East Holmes railway signal box Brayford Pool Lincoln city

disused-east-holmes-railway-signal-box-b

Powell Peralta skateboard sign in pub window The Strait and Narrow Lincoln City

powell-peralta-skateboard-sign-in-pub-wi

Automatic soap bubble blower hung outside shop to attract childrens attention.

automatic-soap-bubble-blower-hung-outsid

Allan

Allan, I checked your tags on the cat. You need to add calico, female, to your tags.
In the USA cats with three colors are called calicoes, and they are usually nearly 100% female. Nice shot of her. Back in my cat days, I used to want a calico but never got one. They were in high demand, quite rare & spoken for first out of a litter. I would call your cat orange, white & black. Those are black hairs mixed in, not brown.

My sister, not ever really a cat person, had a young (1 yr) calico stray show up pregnant at her house a few years ago. The cat was very afraid & wild, but sis fed her, tamed her & adopted her.

Cali came at a low point in my sister’s life & filled a spot with love & affection.

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

May favorite uploads are all older photos reprocessed with the latest LRC:

Siry, the time-shared cat, looking into the fish tank. 

2R2PPEH.jpg

Street side view of the Palace of Fine Arts in Mexico City.  Most photos are taken of the main plaza entrance.

2R2PPBG.jpg

Freda Kahlo dresses on manikins in the Blue House Museum in Mexico City.

2R2PP9G.jpg

Need to take more still lifes at home, which I can do easily enough. 

3 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Allan, I checked your tags on the cat. You need to add calico, female, to your tags.
In the USA cats with three colors are called calicoes, and they are usually nearly 100% female. Nice shot of her. Back in my cat days, I used to want a calico but never got one. They were in high demand, quite rare & spoken for first out of a litter. I would call your cat orange, white & black. Those are black hairs mixed in, not brown.

My sister, not ever really a cat person, had a young (1 yr) calico stray show up pregnant at her house a few years ago. The cat was very afraid & wild, but sis fed her, tamed her & adopted her.

Cali came at a low point in my sister’s life & filled a spot with love & affection.

Thanks. Will do. Nice story about your sister and the wild Calico cat.

Allan

• Love 1

When you’re bored waiting for your car to be serviced at the Subaru dealership & have your RX-100-3 tucked into your handbag… Cool high-top sneakers she has. I came close to ordering a red pair a couple of years ago. But at my age, I would have caused all the young people wearing them to abandon the fashion when they got a look at me.

2R3PT5H.jpg

2R3PT23.jpg

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

When you’re bored waiting for your car to be serviced at the Subaru dealership & have your RX-100-3 tucked into your handbag… Cool high-top sneakers she has. I came close to ordering a red pair a couple of years ago. But at my age, I would have caused all the young people wearing them to abandon the fashion when they got a look at me.

2R3PT5H.jpg

2R3PT23.jpg

Oh come on Betty, start a new trend for older hipsters!!

31 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

Oh come on Betty, start a new trend for older hipsters!!

I’ve adopted new fashion trends most of my life, compared to the other women in my family. They look at me sideways, then 2 years later when it’s going out, they “might” buy it. 😁

• Love 1

On 24/05/2023 at 14:32, Betty LaRue said:

That’s good advice. I’ve just used  those keywords in this recent upload 👍

a-cute-small-cat-kitten-felis-catus-sitt

Edited by Steve Hyde
  • Love 2
  • Like 1

A few more.

Candy floss machine High Street Lincoln City, Lincolnshire

candy-floss-machine-high-street-lincoln-

Orange brown and white tabby cat in Coffee cats window The Strait Lincoln City

orange-brown-and-white-tabby-cat-in-coff

Youths sat on seat eating Wendy's takeaways from Wendy's burger bar behind, High street Lincoln City

youths-sat-on-seat-eating-wendys-takeawa

People entering book shop in Jews Court three storey limestone building Steep Hill Lincoln City

people-entering-book-shop-in-jews-court-

Allan

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steve Hyde said:

That’s good advice. I’ve just used  those keywords in this recent upload 👍

a-cute-small-cat-kitten-felis-catus-sitt

Wonderful shot of a wonderful kitty.

Paulette

• Love 1

I brought in a blue flag iris (I. versicolor) from the bog garden pond and this chap came along for the ride.

I think it's a Polymerus unifasciatus nymph (no common name). Can anyone confirm?

2R44RFY.jpg

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 2

As it’s Sunday a couple of Roast Dinner pics. We were given a Sunday meal for two voucher at Thornbury Castle, Bristol for Xmas. It’s a busy place and the first booking we could get, to fit in with us and them, was two weeks ago. No dessert pics, I’d have needed a Macro lens in anyway.. 😋

a-close-up-shot-of-thick-slices-of-fresh

a-traditional-english-full-roast-dinner-

Edited by Steve Hyde
  • Love 2
  • Like 3

WTF, giraffe chicks?

Anhinga chicks are quite adorable even though somewhat weird with their long necks and plush cover.

2R4EPHM.jpg

The hugger.

A little crab spider awaiting for prey in a yellow flower. Look at this face.

2R4EPDY.jpg

The morning gymnastics

This scissor-tailed flycatcher was hunting of course but the pose and the morning sky made me liking it.

2R4EPDX.jpg

Texas coast guards

Soon the AI will generate tons of mega-better images like this, who cares that this one was real with only HDR applied at post processing.

2R4EPDR.jpg

The kindergarten

Photographing this very common stuff am usually trying to show space/air. Like how the ambient overcast light helped with this w/o using flashes in this instance.

2R4EP6P.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, IKuzmin said:

WTF, giraffe chicks?

Anhinga chicks are quite adorable even though somewhat weird with their long necks and plush cover.

2R4EPHM.jpg

The hugger.

A little crab spider awaiting for prey in a yellow flower. Look at this face.

2R4EPDY.jpg

The morning gymnastics

This scissor-tailed flycatcher was hunting of course but the pose and the morning sky made me liking it.

2R4EPDX.jpg

Texas coast guards

Soon the AI will generate tons of mega-better images like this, who cares that this one was real with only HDR applied at post processing.

2R4EPDR.jpg

The kindergarten

Photographing this very common stuff am usually trying to show space/air. Like how the ambient overcast light helped with this w/o using flashes in this instance.

2R4EP6P.jpg

Great wildlife pics! 

• Thanks 1

I was already downtown for a shoot of U.S. Military veterans this weekend and when I can, I try to get some other shots nearby.  It probably has been more than 20 years since I visited the Korean War Memorial.  The other shot is of a temporary memorial for military lost in conflicts after Vietnam.  The names of the fallen Men and women are on dog tags, making up the flag

usa-washington-dc-korean-war-veterans-me

usa-washington-dc-lincoln-memorial-a-tem

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

I was already downtown for a shoot of U.S. Military veterans this weekend and when I can, I try to get some other shots nearby.  It probably has been more than 20 years since I visited the Korean War Memorial.  The other shot is of a temporary memorial for military lost in conflicts after Vietnam.  The names of the fallen Men and women are on dog tags, making up the flag

usa-washington-dc-lincoln-memorial-a-tem

Very fitting for today, Michael. Great images.🏆

• Love 1