May 2023 Favourite Uploads

VbFolly

41 minutes ago, Steve Hyde said:

A very similar image, that may be one of yours, popped up on Have I Got News For You last night. It got a good laugh..

52895023765_6ac33dbf02_b.jpg

Thanks very much for spotting this one, Steve. It looks like a crop of the horizontal version that I uploaded judging from the clouds. I'll have to watch the programme on iPlayer.

I did spot a picture of the same phonebox on the BBC website last week, which they had sourced from someone's Instagram account, so it's strange that they have used my photo for the TV show, but I'm glad they did!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, VbFolly said:

Thanks very much for spotting this one, Steve. It looks like a crop of the horizontal version that I uploaded judging from the clouds. I'll have to watch the programme on iPlayer.

I did spot a picture of the same phonebox on the BBC website last week, which they had sourced from someone's Instagram account, so it's strange that they have used my photo for the TV show, but I'm glad they did!

Excellent, it’s in the first section of the show, after the pic of the look-a-like King Charles. I hope you get a nice fat TV fee, you should do for giving everyone a good laugh 😃

Edited by Steve Hyde
  • Like 1

Just now, Steve Hyde said:

Excellent, it’s in the first section of the show, after the pic of the look-a-like Prince Charles. I hope you get a nice fat TV fee, you should do for giving everyone a good laugh 😃

Cheers. I hope so too!

18 hours ago, gvallee said:

Thank you for your eagle eyes. I put the image through Nikon Color Efex Pro to increase the tonal contrast. This made me look at the raw file again. There is a definite cloud outline to start with, being how the edges of the clouds are caught by the sunrise. Of course, Color Efex Pro made it more prominent.

I love Color Effex Pro - I'm still using my old version but if it stops working with LR, I think I'd buy the old one. Which version to you have?

I especially like it for sunsets but I need to have a light hand if I want it to look natural. This is an oldie taken and processed in 2012 with my D700, where I needed that little bit of oomph to make the photo look like what I'd seen IRL particularly to bring out those awesome sunrays. I'd forgotten about this when looking at #TheWeather images so glad your photo reminded me. Sunsets are often beautiful but it's still rare to find those really special ones. 

It's funny, I loved my Olympus mirrorless but it couldn't capture the sky the way my Nikon could. My Sony's do a great job but they are a lifetime of technology ahead and they don't really beat the old Nkon when it comes to skies (and I often use my Nikon 20mm lens on my Sony). I think it has to do with the low noise. With dark tones, the Olympus jpegs were often better than what I could get processing the raw files. 

I still rarely have a sunset or sunrise that I don't enhance, if only slightly, with Color Effex Pro - LR and PS become more powerful every month it seems and I do 90% of my processing just in LR these days, but I still can't tease out certain kinds of detail without a quick pass through Color Effex Pro for certain images. 

blue-hour-sunset-through-dramatic-clouds

• Love 1

4 hours ago, Marianne said:

I love Color Effex Pro - I'm still using my old version but if it stops working with LR, I think I'd buy the old one. Which version to you have?

I don't have the latest version (5), I still use version 4.

Copies of the Manchester Evening News, the day after Manchester United beat Chelsea, 6-5, in a penalty shootout in Moscow to win the European Champions League title on 21 May 2008. 

2R17M35.jpg

• Like 1

Now I have three stars my images go through QC quicker and am able to annoy you all with more favourite uploads.

Castle View Indian restaurant Union Street Lincoln city.

castle-view-indian-restaurant-union-stre

High viewpoint looking North West of Lincoln on the hill.

high-viewpoint-looking-north-west-of-lin

Saturday shopping crowds High Street Lincoln city.

saturday-shopping-crowds-high-street-lin

Notice in Poundland shop window celebrating King Charles III coronation advertising coronation playlist fit for a King.

notice-in-poundland-shop-window-celebrat

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Now I have three stars my images go through QC quicker and am able to annoy you all with more favourite uploads.

Castle View Indian restaurant Union Street Lincoln city.

castle-view-indian-restaurant-union-stre

High viewpoint looking North West of Lincoln on the hill.

high-viewpoint-looking-north-west-of-lin

Saturday shopping crowds High Street Lincoln city.

saturday-shopping-crowds-high-street-lin

Notice in Poundland shop window celebrating King Charles III coronation advertising coronation playlist fit for a King.

notice-in-poundland-shop-window-celebrat

Allan

Very nice Allan, keep 'annoying' us.

11 hours ago, gvallee said:

Very nice Allan, keep 'annoying' us.

Thank you Gen.😃

Allan

This thread is fast becoming "Allan Bells favourite uploads."

Snowdrops at night in February

snowdrops-at-night-in-february-2R2487B.j

Spring window display in Cancer Research UK charity shop High street Lincoln city 

spring-window-display-in-cancer-research

People looking in jewellers shop window at rings and necklaces High Street Lincoln City

people-looking-in-jewellers-shop-window-

Street sellers goods on trolley High Street Lincoln city

street-sellers-goods-on-trolley-high-str

Stone cairne at entrance to Cherry Fields Cherry Willingham

stone-cairne-at-entrance-to-cherry-field

The long walk to Minerva building, Lincoln city university

the-long-walk-to-minerva-building-lincol

Allan

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

This thread is fast becoming "Allan Bells favourite uploads."

Snowdrops at night in February

snowdrops-at-night-in-february-2R2487B.j

Spring window display in Cancer Research UK charity shop High street Lincoln city 

spring-window-display-in-cancer-research

People looking in jewellers shop window at rings and necklaces High Street Lincoln City

people-looking-in-jewellers-shop-window-

Street sellers goods on trolley High Street Lincoln city

street-sellers-goods-on-trolley-high-str

Stone cairne at entrance to Cherry Fields Cherry Willingham

stone-cairne-at-entrance-to-cherry-field

The long walk to Minerva building, Lincoln city university

the-long-walk-to-minerva-building-lincol

Allan

Isn’t it nice to not have to wait so long to upload, Allan?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Betty LaRue said:

Isn’t it nice to not have to wait so long to upload, Allan?

Yes and I hope I keep it that way.

ITMA

• Love 2

My daughter & husband gifted me both of these delicious snacks.

2R2YXE2.jpg

2R2YXA7.jpg

Next door

2R2YD5A.jpg

And these hummingbird moths, white-lined Sphinx moths are swarming my Goldflame honeysuckle. They will eventually lay eggs on my tomatoes that will turn into plant-eating hornworms, & I’ll be a killin’ them.

2R2YD51.jpg

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Love 2
  • Like 1

The place where I went for breakfast last Sunday, Casuarina Beach in Darwin Australia:

path-to-casuarina-beach-on-casuarina-coa

I don't know if it will ever sell, as there must be a gazillion of very similar photographs on Alamy, but I like this spot.

• Like 1

Some more.

Birchenlees wood house sold.

birchenlees-wood-house-sold-2R2DMTP.jpg

View of Lincoln University buildings from Motherby Hill Lincoln city.

view-of-lincoln-university-buildings-fro

Spring trees in silhouette against cloud and blue sky.

spring-trees-in-silhouette-against-cloud

Spring daffodils and odd one out.

spring-daffodils-and-odd-one-out-2R2DN4E

I seem to be going through a dark period.

Allan

• Like 1

How to exit a vintage car which has no door.

fraser-nash-1936-vintage-car-with-amusin

The customer can wait, photo time !

victorian-street-festival-with-woman-mar

Business is a bit slack !

victorian-street-festival-with-woman-mar

Edited by ReeRay
  • Love 1
  • Like 3

A 50 L bag of garden compost carried on my trusty Brompton folding bike. I can't imagine that there will be an overwhelming demand for this image, but you never know 🙂

a-brompton-bike-carrying-a-50l-bag-of-ga

Edited by Bryan

On 21/05/2023 at 15:02, Michael Ventura said:

Had a shoot the other day for a builder who specializes in decks, patios and porches.  This brand new gas grill, with a small refrigerator, I thought could make a decent stock image.

an-outdoor-gas-grill-kitchen-with-a-refr

Great photo Michael! So neat, it's like a painted illustration.

i went through my iPhone and pulled about 100 images from the past year that I wanted to process & upload. These are from the first batch - I have about 87 to go-

I did a series of six images and enjoyed playing with Photoshop Express on my iPad - so much easier to process on the iPad, I used to use my phone. You can now do more with PS Express than before. I initially downloaded the regular Photoshop Beta excited to have it on my iPad but it's actually more limited on the iPad than PS Express.

These were calendula seeds that I saved last fall. I kept them in a cool dark closet, took them out a few weeks ago to plant but didn't finish weeding and now I can't figure out where I put the jar. But at least I've got the photos 😎  Here are a couple of them:

close-up-of-calendula-pot-marigold-dried

close-up-of-calendula-pot-marigold-seed-

Okay here's a third, I usually photograph my husband's hands but I managed to get my own one-handed here:

the-hand-of-a-woman-gardener-holds-dried

I love the texture of the calendula seed head. I wish I'd also taken some with my macro lens. Later this year . . .

This one's for Edo - food, glorious food...

italian-food-prep-pureed-tomatoes-in-a-m

And finally, I loved the detail I got in this image - It may just be a simple point and shoot but I really like using my iPhone sometimes. I also use the Photoshop camera app which gives you more control over some settings. It also does great black and white portraits with dramatic lighting. It's a weed but I had to photograph it before I yanked it:

green-leaves-with-water-droplets-natural

• Thanks 1

And again.

Orange brown and white tabby cat in Coffee cats window The Strait Lincoln City.

orange-brown-and-white-tabby-cat-in-coff

Disused East Holmes railway signal box Brayford Pool Lincoln city

disused-east-holmes-railway-signal-box-b

Powell Peralta skateboard sign in pub window The Strait and Narrow Lincoln City

powell-peralta-skateboard-sign-in-pub-wi

Automatic soap bubble blower hung outside shop to attract childrens attention.

automatic-soap-bubble-blower-hung-outsid

Allan

• Love 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Marianne said:

i went through my iPhone and pulled about 100 images from the past year that I wanted to process & upload. These are from the first batch - I have about 87 to go-

I did a series of six images and enjoyed playing with Photoshop Express on my iPad - so much easier to process on the iPad, I used to use my phone. You can now do more with PS Express than before. I initially downloaded the regular Photoshop Beta excited to have it on my iPad but it's actually more limited on the iPad than PS Express.

These were calendula seeds that I saved last fall. I kept them in a cool dark closet, took them out a few weeks ago to plant but didn't finish weeding and now I can't figure out where I put the jar. But at least I've got the photos 😎  Here are a couple of them:

close-up-of-calendula-pot-marigold-dried

close-up-of-calendula-pot-marigold-seed-

Okay here's a third, I usually photograph my husband's hands but I managed to get my own one-handed here:

the-hand-of-a-woman-gardener-holds-dried

I love the texture of the calendula seed head. I wish I'd also taken some with my macro lens. Later this year . . .

This one's for Edo - food, glorious food...

italian-food-prep-pureed-tomatoes-in-a-m

And finally, I loved the detail I got in this image - It may just be a simple point and shoot but I really like using my iPhone sometimes. I also use the Photoshop camera app which gives you more control over some settings. It also does great black and white portraits with dramatic lighting. It's a weed but I had to photograph it before I yanked it:

green-leaves-with-water-droplets-natural

Yum yum