Which keyword worked take 2

PatsyCollins

Question

I can't reply to the comments on my initial question, as it has been closed, so have had t ask again.

As advised I looked under "Go to your dashboard, Alamy Measures, Your Images. Select a range of dates" I can see lots of stuff, including the fact I had 2 sales, number of zooms, CTR etc, but can't see anything about keywords. Clicking on the number of sales shows me which images were sod, same with those zoomed, but there's nothing on keywords there either. What am I missing?

11 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, PatsyCollins said:

I can't reply to the comments on my initial question, as it has been closed, so have had t ask again.

As advised I looked under "Go to your dashboard, Alamy Measures, Your Images. Select a range of dates" I can see lots of stuff, including the fact I had 2 sales, number of zooms, CTR etc, but can't see anything about keywords. Clicking on the number of sales shows me which images were sod, same with those zoomed, but there's nothing on keywords there either. What am I missing?

Click on your contributor name/pseudonym

• Love 1

Yes, it worked. Sort of. I can now see a list of keywords searched for – but none of them are for things in the images I sold, and they all show zero sales, despite two sales showing for that date range on the previous screen.

Oh well, thanks anyway. I don't suppose it matters as I'll still use all the appropriate keywords I can think of. I was just curious.

8 minutes ago, PatsyCollins said:

Yes, it worked. Sort of. I can now see a list of keywords searched for – but none of them are for things in the images I sold, and they all show zero sales, despite two sales showing for that date range on the previous screen.

It only shows data for images that were zoomed. I'm assuming your sold images were not zoomed, so they wouldn't appear.

4 minutes ago, PatsyCollins said:

Oh. I wonder why people wouldn't zoom before buying - or maybe they did that previously but didn't buy then?

Thanks.

I've no idea, but in recent times I'm getting more sales zoomed. A recent sale was zoomed twice, and another 8 from the same shoot were zoomed but unfortunately not licensed. Previously although I had images zoomed, nearly all licensed were not. No logic to it.

• Love 1

13 minutes ago, PatsyCollins said:

Oh. I wonder why people wouldn't zoom before buying - or maybe they did that previously but didn't buy then?

Thanks.

Well we don't know exactly how it all works. But Alamy only collects zoom data on certain clients. So you can have a lot of sales with no zooms. So you'll never know what keywords were searched for for these sales.

6 minutes ago, sb photos said:

in recent times I'm getting more sales zoomed

ditto. Maybe they're collecting data on more clients.

• Love 1

6 hours ago, sb photos said:

I've no idea, but in recent times I'm getting more sales zoomed. A recent sale was zoomed twice, and another 8 from the same shoot were zoomed but unfortunately not licensed. Previously although I had images zoomed, nearly all licensed were not. No logic to it.

Same for me. For years and years my sales were rarely ever zoomed. Sometime in the past year that changed and most of my sales have been zoomed first, some more than once. Many more of my sales are also showing up under the keywords view in Measures. 

At first, I found it puzzling because my average monthly views are half of what they were just a few years ago, which would lead me to believe fewer of my sales would be coming from the buyers whose views, zooms and sales are tracked . . .

But then, I think I figured it out. These days, most of my sales are for the web rather than magazines and books. I bet this is the reason zooms appear to be turning into sales more often, since a buyer for a web article is probably licensing the images much closer to the time it's zoomed, rather than 2 months to a year earlier. 

What do you think?

• Like 1