Anyone Considering Capture One Pro 7?

I recently purchased COP7 as a disc based system from Dtek Systems (UK) Limited for £174 inc VAT. They also provided my with an update on disc at no extra charge.

Others, no name no pack drill, are charging about £214. Probably not up to date.

Unfortunately I have not had time to upload it to my new iMac as I am still setting that up.

Allan

I am considering it but haven't done a trial yet.  Does anyone know how well it works along side Lightroom which I use as a database so wouldn't want to give up?

Pearl

It works ok alongside LR. I'm actually just finishing converting all my LR files etc to C1 Session folders. They are a lot faster than catalogues. 

LR catalogues are more polished than C1 but I find I like the way Sessions work. Load the trial as the pro version and try out the different options. The deals come up every month or two and you get 60 day trial.

That deal you got Allan seems very good!

Edit...Forgot to say, if you want to try out C1's Catalogue system, you can import a LR catalogue into it. They have plenty of Tutorials etc online if you want to try it out.

I am considering it but haven't done a trial yet.  Does anyone know how well it works along side Lightroom which I use as a database so wouldn't want to give up?

Pearl

It works ok alongside LR. I'm actually just finishing converting all my LR files etc to C1 Session folders. They are a lot faster than catalogues. 

LR catalogues are more polished than C1 but I find I like the way Sessions work. Load the trial as the pro version and try out the different options. The deals come up every month or two and you get 60 day trial.

Edit...Forgot to say, if you want to try out C1's Catalogue system, you can import a LR catalogue into it. They have plenty of Tutorials etc online if you want to try it out.

Thanks for the advice Duncan.  It will have to wait until after Christmas now but I really would like to try it.

Pearl

Pearl

Thanks for the advice Duncan.  It will have to wait until after Christmas now but I really would like to try it.

Pearl

Don't rush it, I've seen a few of these offers appear over the last 5-6 months. As I say, 60 trial of a full working app is a good length of time to play with it to see if it's what you want before committing hard earned cash. 

Archived