Dreadful QC Rating

valestock

Question

Dear All,

I currently have one star out of three as a QC rating.

This is disgraceful, I let things worsen because I was busy with other projects and work and now I have to wait like 15 days every time Alamy reject a batch.

I really regret let things rot this way, but this system is really punitive. After all I have over 5000 images uploaded and I am a valuable member of this community...

Do you know what I have to do to improve my QC rating issue? Can I ask Alamy to have me start from scratch or something?

Thanks for any reply!

I've been an Alamy contributor since about 2003. A year ago I had been having image approvals within a few seconds (automated?) of submission and on a 5 star rating. Then I started getting a few batch failures Soft and Lacking Definition. I had upgraded my computer. The monitors went to 4K 32 inch. So I had lost my eyeball/brain calibrations on what was soft at Photoshop 200% and 100% via the older monitor. I started reviewing and floundering at even 300% zoom with my personal calibrations. Then I realized my camera body was no longer consistent with it's focus tracking. Very subtle - but inconsistent and mostly off. I was editing 6 months in arears so there were quite a few images to worry about. A fixed camera seems to be creating images that will again pass QC. I'm still struggling a bit with monitor views and my eyes.

I had a retina tear a few years ago and have to bat my eyes to move fuzzy floaters now in my vision. Always a challenge to decide whether a soft image is really soft or if I have a eye floater obscuring my sight. The 4K monitor change may have changed the visual sharpness that I was used to seeing. My eye doc says I have cataracts starting and this may also be a concern I can't measure. Good luck with your quest. Consider all the elements in the viewing data path - especially those that may have changed recently.

• Love 1

I can guarantee if one has cataracts, even if not far enough along to have surgery, they will hamper your vision & ability to judge image sharpness.

After my cataract surgery, there was a world of difference in my vision. One eye’s acuity wasn’t that bad. By itself not requiring surgery. Since one eye needed it, I wanted the other eye done so they both would be in tune. The first week I could see well after surgery, I kept washing my hair & slathering on conditioner because it looked so crisp in the mirror.

Then I realized my hair was fine, I was not used to seeing it through vision that had gone soft.

Even cataracts not far advanced can affect you perception & make it difficult to judge whether an image is sharp enough. Had I not been a photographer where  ision is so important, I probably could have waited awhile before having surgery. Cataracts affect color perception, too. Usually, looking through your cataracts (the lens of your internal eyes) you are looking through lenses that have taken on a tanish-yellow cast.

• Like 1