Deleting non selling image themes to improve our CTR?

zxzoomy

Question

On 25/02/2023 at 22:31, Betty LaRue said:

Marianne, way back I uploaded a couple of duplicates. I decided to do something to stop that. I have a copy of the jpeg next to the RAW. The jpeg has a -AL as part of the file name. Like BEL2054-AL. That way, if I ever look in an older folder, I know which have been uploaded. AL=Alamy. At one time I was uploading nature images to a new startup after Photoshelter’s stock agency folded, so if I uploaded the same image to both agencies I had another dash with initials for that agency also. That agency folded. 😟 You probably know it…Darrell’s.

Anyway, those added initials stopped me from uploading duplicates.

Interesting idea. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Love 1

On 26/02/2023 at 06:52, NYCat said:

I find it easy to keep track in Lightroom. When an image goes on sale on Alamy it gets a red label. Lots of ways to organize in Lightroom. I do think I ought to get that Alamy/Lightroom plug-in just for the coordination of keywords so I have them everywhere. Another new thing to learn though so I keep putting it off. My keyword list in Lightroom is a mess and I've kind of given up on cleaning it up.

Paulette

Another good idea. Unfortunately, it won't work for me as I have a somewhat odd but consistent method of tagging photos using various combinations of stars and colors and I've used all of them for specific things for years, so no colors left. My best bet is to put them into a collection, but that would mean finding everything that's already uploaded a very time consuming process.

Right now I usually search in Alamy Image Manager using a keyword and generally this prevents the duplicate problem, but occasionally when I'm doing a visual review, somehow I'll miss one or two.