I tried it out for keywords for some concept images I've been thinking about. At first I thought there were too many unuseable ones, but as I continued the conversation, it started giving me concept words that actually gave me new ideas for things to shoot. I compared it to a commonly used microstock keywording tool and it was much better. 

• Like 1

We tried it for writing scripts on subjects related to our YouTube channel and they are pretty impressive and very quick. It’s great entertainment reading the answers you get back and the scripts have greetings and endings that sound human and friendly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Normspics said:

We tried it for writing scripts on subjects related to our YouTube channel and they are pretty impressive and very quick. It’s great entertainment reading the answers you get back and the scripts have greetings and endings that sound human and friendly.

What really surprised me about it was how natural and grammatically correct it was. Schools and universities are now having to contend with not only ChatGPT submissions but Ai tools that camouflage ChatGPT offerings to make them even more difficult to detect. Does this mean that essays and dissertations are going to have to revert to paper?

On 24/02/2023 at 12:23, Marianne said:

I went on to check it out and I was already in because it's part of open AI, which I joined to check out DALE E - to see what the fuss was all about re AI images. 

Thanks for the tip. I got in easily through Open AI. It looks as if ChatGPT will be somewhat useful for keywording. I tried ChatGP with a couple of images that I'm currently working on, and it did come up with a few keywords that I hadn't thought of.

For written assignments Unis tend to use tools like Turnitin, already a very successful plagiarism filter. This is being updated to detect ChatGPT and other uses, (supposedly 97% successful) however it will always be a cat and mouse game. ChatGPT has been successfully used to get a good mark in an MBA essay already. So there's that.

I'm more concerned about the image generators (but paradoxically a paid user, and fascinated by it - lets call it "research"!). I think at the moment illustrators and concept artists are the most threatened

I can't help thinking the future is somewhat dystopian, with the combination of AI and how lifelike robotics already is. If they gain any kind of sentience god help us! Lets hope that somebody introduces something like Asimov's 3 laws of robotics......

For a bit of fun...text prompt "stock photographer in city centre". :)

pinklaces_stock_photgrapher_in_city_cent

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StokeCreative said:

For written assignments Unis tend to use tools like Turnitin, already a very successful plagiarism filter. This is being updated to detect ChatGPT and other uses, (supposedly 97% successful) however it will always be a cat and mouse game. ChatGPT has been successfully used to get a good mark in an MBA essay already. So there's that.

I'm more concerned about the image generators (but paradoxically a paid user, and fascinated by it - lets call it "research"!). I think at the moment illustrators and concept artists are the most threatened

I can't help thinking the future is somewhat dystopian, with the combination of AI and how lifelike robotics already is. If they gain any kind of sentience god help us! Lets hope that somebody introduces something like Asimov's 3 laws of robotics......

For a bit of fun...text prompt "stock photographer in city centre". :)

pinklaces_stock_photgrapher_in_city_cent

Interesting that AI assumes that stock photographers are male, and rugged looking as well. It's obviously not an occupation for wimps. This guy looks like he's "loaded for bear," as the saying goes. 🐻

• Love 1

6 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Interesting that AI assumes that stock photographers are male, and rugged looking as well. It's obviously not an occupation for wimps. This guy looks like he's "loaded for bear," as the saying goes. 🐻

If I looked like that, I’d have never gotten this picture.

EWXY98.jpg

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

EWXY98.jpg

Ha ha 😃 You might have gone into trouble 😃

11 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Weird camera name, doesn't look familiar :) .  

13 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

EWXY98.jpg

Unfortunately I do look somewhat like that. (middle aged man with beard, camera and hat!)

In my defence (re below)  I was with my wife, but still felt all kinds of awkward....

@John Mitchell btw its vancouver

young-chlidren-playing-in-vancouver-park

Edited by StokeCreative
additional info
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, StokeCreative said:

Unfortunately I do look somewhat like that. (middle aged man with beard, camera and hat!)

In my defence (re below)  I was with my wife, but still felt all kinds of awkward....

@John Mitchell btw its vancouver

I've got the beard but have left middle age behind. Looks like it might be Granville Island.

• Love 1