Not sure whether to upload to Alamy or not.

Allan Bell

Question

I took a photo the other day and am wondering whether it is safe to upload to Alamy.  (Or NOT).

It is of a young girl/lady sitting on a seat holding a bottle of coke in one hand and looking down at her mobile phone in the other hand. This was taken inside a shopping mall.

The quandary is I am not sure how old she is. She could be anything from about 14 years to 16 or 17 years old.

What would you do in my circumstance?

Allan

2 answers to this question

I think it would be safe to upload, but would definitely tick the "editorial use only" button.  We all feel weird taking pics of kids.  I don't have a lot in my port, but do have some.  Whether 14 or 17, still a minor (at least here in Canada).

Is that your issue?  The Coke might be a bigger issue.  Definitely editorial use only.

Jill

8 minutes ago, Jill Morgan said:

I think it would be safe to upload, but would definitely tick the "editorial use only" button.  We all feel weird taking pics of kids.  I don't have a lot in my port, but do have some.  Whether 14 or 17, still a minor (at least here in Canada).

Is that your issue?  The Coke might be a bigger issue.  Definitely editorial use only.

Jill

Issue is with age.  Coke is very small in Image.

I usually  mark images as no model release and no property release.  Which I believe is the same as editorial but allows the possible user to make up their own mind as to use of image at their risk.

Allan