Adorama has SOny RX10 open box for $937!

I see the rx10 has wifi, but can it be 'controlled' remotely from an android app on a phone or tablet?
I'm very interested in your ongoing thoughts as you use the camera.
Personally I'm looking for something to shoot stock/fun and for making a video diary and it's looking good so far, but there are still options out there.

I've noticed some over aggressive jpeg processing on the Sony RX10. I shot RAW+ jpeg and the lighting was contrasting concert lighting in a theater.

Is there a way to control the output of the jpegs straight out of camera? Many look great but some just look like watercolor effect+ especially in the hair.

I'll just convert my RAWS but for future reference in case I ever need to send to client on location it would be easier if I could have somewhat perfect jpegs out of camera in situations like this.

L

I love my Sony RX10. I had tix for a musical performance and though I was in row,"S' I managed to get some decent images at iso 640,wide open at 1/160 at 200mm.

Wondering though...anyone suggest an external flash that I can use off-camera with this. Can I use my Canon 580EXII flash? Will it harm the camera?

I tried my generic Yongnuo remotes that usually work on all cameras I've had except for this.Not sure if I am doing something wrong in my settings or that it is just not compatible.

L

Check this out and read the second review: http://www.amazon.com/Metz-MZ-44316S-Pre-Flash-Digital/dp/B004Q9SXQE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1387983722&sr=8-2&keywords=Metz+flash+Sony

I have a Metz 58 AF1 for Canon and it's a good flash.

I found my old remotes(Yongnuo 301P) a/k/a 'Poverty Wizards' so I can use my Canon flashes and Canon/Yongnuo flashes with the Sony.

YEAH! No more buying MORE STUFF!

I probably spent $22 for this set and I was selling them until I realized I should try them out. They are not camera specific like the Yongnuo 603 remotes I Currently use.

I have an annual charity gala client I shoot for every year and that requires a few macro shots of the table settings and about 20 shots of a speaker at the podium. I'd be in front of the stage.

I'd rather bring my pro work gear and leave the big lens and macro at home and bring the Sony RX10 for the macro and 200mm range for the podium shots. Not to mention my own stock shots around the facility.

One thing I wish this camera had is the 'flip upward' flash that the Sony RX100M2 had. But so far so good on this camera. :-)

L

I've had my Sony RX10 camera for more than a week now and to the surprise of many,I still love it!

I just noticed I made a sale of an image I took years ago with the Canon G9. It was the first day I had that camera and I had it in my winter coat pocket as I walked in the falling snow to the grocery store.

I took pictures of things along the way and I've probably made about 25 sales with various agencies on just a few photos. If I had my DSLR in the cold lugging a heavy camera bag from somewhere,it's doubtful I would have pulled it out.But by the mere  fact that I had a small no brainer camera made getting the shots fun and easy..

Also glad the sensor on the RX10 is bigger than the Canon G9 was.

My real wish would be that Canon would get a great sensor like the Sony RX1 or Nikon D4 and put it in a body like the RX1 or RX10.

Seems like Sony,Fuji and OLY are the innovators these days.

L

Linda, I see the rx10 has wifi, but can it be 'controlled' remotely from an android app on a phone or tablet?

Edit: Just seen on a review that it can control the camera via wifi,I wasn't sure whether it would only transfer images by wifi.

Archived