December 2022 Favourite Uploads

Jill Morgan

Christmas in Jinotega, upload end of November/captioned and tagged today.   Probably already Monday in the UK when I uploaded, so....

2KXDRC4.jpg

Cropped to remove Luis' hand holding the AD200 and the girl's parent on the other side.  Snowmen are never seen in real life in Nicaragua.  Santas are more common.  This was at the Mayor's Office and is a kiosk for telling Santa what you want for Christmas.  Bounced light from above.  

Edited by Rebecca Ore
bigger photo
  • Love 3
  • Like 1

A few reflection pictures shot during October of "the pondie" in Arbroath. Hadn't been that way for years and was amazed at how good it looked. It's a former council boating pond and is now looked after by a dedicated group of volunteers. They're doing a grand job.

two-empty-benches-and-the-surrounding-pl

the-autumn-colours-on-the-trees-around-a

the-drooping-branches-of-a-weeping-willo

the-drooping-branches-of-a-weeping-willo

• Love 4

Despite the cold and covid we've managed to get out for a few walks, trying to avoid other humans. There is a risk of a fall on the icy surfaces, but the lure of blue skies and the need for some exercise won the day.

a-fallen-yellow-maple-leaf-lies-on-snow-

• Love 5

3 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

2M3H87B.jpg

What's that? Sunshine? Don't be pulling my leg. 

Taken from the museum I assume.  So at least you were keeping warm.

Allan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bryan said:

They don't appear to mind the cold in this shot dating back to 2010, I've been rummaging in the drawers while stuck with covid !

winter-view-of-flamingos-at-washington-w

Certainly make a nice splash of colour.

Allan

• Love 1

17 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Are these real? Where are their eyes?

Definitely real and with eyes although admittedly difficult to spot ! They live at our local wetland centre, and have an enclosure that they can shelter in, but they chose to wander in the snow.

Edited by Bryan

Just a few out of 66 uploaded images.

Edwardian telephone box East Anglia Transport Museum

edwardian-telephone-box-east-anglia-transport-museum-suffolk-2022-2M0565H.jpg

Innocenti Lanbretta 125 East Anglia Transport Museum

innocenti-lanbretta-125-east-angli-transport-museum-2022-2M0565Y.jpg

Electric power supply cables at road junctions for trams and trolley buses East Anglia Transport museum

electric-power-supply-cables-at-road-junctions-for-trams-and-trolley-buses-east-anglia-transport-museum-2022-2M0565M.jpg

Statue memorial to Lincoln citizen George Boole Mathematician, Station forecourt, Lincoln city 2022

statue-memorial-to-lincoln-citizen-george-boole-mathematician-station-forecourt-lincoln-city-2022-2M056WA.jpg

Ukrain flag flanked by two metal cutouts of WWII soldiers, Cherry Willingham Lincoln 2022

ukrain-flag-flanked-by-two-metal-cutouts-of-wwii-soldiers-cherry-willingham-lincoln-2022-2M056YR.jpg

Person sleeping rough under the Stonebow, High street Lincoln 2022

person-sleeping-rough-under-the-stonebow-high-street-lincoln-2022-2M056TY.jpg

NOTE:  I like the image but do not like to see people in this position.

Tram from Amsterdam Tramways East Anglia Transport Museum

tram-from-amsterdam-tramways-eastanglia-transport-museum-suffolk-2022-2M056DR.jpg

Screen Legends imp 0n the Lincoln Imp trail 2021

screen-ledgends-imp-0n-the-lincoln-imp-trail-2021-2M3WWB0.jpg

Arcimpboldo The Healthy Imp on Lincoln imp trail, Lincoln 2021arcimpboldo-the-healthy-imp-on-loncoln-imp-trail-lincoln-2021-2M3WW19.jpg

There were 36 imps in the upload above is just a taster.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
spelling error
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Just a few out of 66 uploaded images.

Edwardian telephone box East Anglia Transport Museum

edwardian-telephone-box-east-anglia-transport-museum-suffolk-2022-2M0565H.jpg

Innocenti Lanbretta 125 East Anglia Transport Museum

innocenti-lanbretta-125-east-angli-transport-museum-2022-2M0565Y.jpg

Electric power supply cables at road junctions for trams and trolley buses East Anglia Transport museum

electric-power-supply-cables-at-road-junctions-for-trams-and-trolley-buses-east-anglia-transport-museum-2022-2M0565M.jpg

Statue memorial to Lincoln citizen George Boole Mathematician, Station forecourt, Lincoln city 2022

statue-memorial-to-lincoln-citizen-george-boole-mathematician-station-forecourt-lincoln-city-2022-2M056WA.jpg

Ukrain flag flanked by two metal cutouts of WWII soldiers, Cherry Willingham Lincoln 2022

ukrain-flag-flanked-by-two-metal-cutouts-of-wwii-soldiers-cherry-willingham-lincoln-2022-2M056YR.jpg

Person sleeping rough under the Stonebow, High street Lincoln 2022

person-sleeping-rough-under-the-stonebow-high-street-lincoln-2022-2M056TY.jpg

NOTE:  I like the image but do not like to see people in this position.

Tram from Amsterdam Tramways East Anglia Transport Museum

tram-from-amsterdam-tramways-eastanglia-transport-museum-suffolk-2022-2M056DR.jpg

Screen Ledgends imp 0n the Lincoln Imp trail 2021

screen-ledgends-imp-0n-the-lincoln-imp-trail-2021-2M3WWB0.jpg

Arcimpboldo The Healthy Imp on Lincoln imp trail, Lincoln 2021arcimpboldo-the-healthy-imp-on-loncoln-imp-trail-lincoln-2021-2M3WW19.jpg

There were 36 imps in the upload above is just a taster.

Allan

Good variety Allan, I like them. 

• Like 1

Even Basingstoke can look nice sometimes...

shoppers-entering-and-leaving-the-malls-

Trying not to get hot and steamy...

young-woman-in-shower-with-water-running

Winchester Christmas market is so photogenic! Will try to photograph late afternoon next time for some illuminated dusk shots.

christmas-shoppers-at-winchester-christm

christmas-shoppers-at-winchester-christm

Winter light isn't always terrible. Late afternoon sunshine

the-grade-ii-listed-bronze-soldier-statu

No flash. Please freeze and pretend you're walking downstairs.

a-young-woman-walking-downstairs-in-a-uk

Edited by Steve F
  • Love 2

The various plant and stuff ID programs said this was a Magic Mushroom and a friend who knew his Pacific Northwest and California psychoactive mushroom said, yeah.   If it's something else, dunno.   The type specimen of the species was found at Kew Gardens, also apparently on mulch.  Fir bark carries the spoors.   I had the two photos for years until I did a bit of work on them with LRC, then ran the ID programs.   Had no idea I had that in my yard.

2M5FW0H.jpg

Edited by Rebecca Ore
  • Love 1

An after Xmas walk found this, done by people with patience. A bus shelter in Coalbrookdale, a village in Shropshire, England, UK, decorated in Christmas, crocheted, Christmas scene yarnbombing style, forming the village's annual festive display. The work by Coke Hearth crocheters group is displayed in a bus shelter normally reserved for a traditional nativity scene.

2M56AFG.jpg

• Love 1