Views

Alexander Hog

Question

Just wondering how many people's views has gone down quite a bit It's now getting worrying Mine has gone down by 90% 

I know some have said theirs has gone down by 60% Has anything improved I had changed a lot of KW's and captions back in July and August 

Just wondered if Alamy has an answer 

12 answers to this question

Hi Alex, sorry to hear that. I haven't noticed any difference with my views, they just seem to be increasing as my portfolio gets bigger. Sometimes they're just frozen for a couple of days if Alamy doesn't update for whatever reason.

• Like 1

I find it's worrying too. The first 3 days of this month have recorded only 166 views. This is about half of what my views were in one day not so long ago. So obviously there's not many buyers getting to see my work now. In addition, I haven't had a single zoom this month either. I do get this feeling of a 'selective' search engine. 

Sad days....

• Thanks 1

Hi Alexander,

My views and zooms have been relatively stable if not slightly higher than the corresponding months last year. What I got today, though, was 100 views for nothing - no search term, nothing to click on in measures, just 100 free views. Not bad I thought, until I realised that this affects my CTR and subsequently my ranking for actual proper searches. I'm sure someone else had this problem a while back but I can't find the post now.

Brian

• Thanks 1

The only consistency in views is they're inconsistency. 60views one day 190 the next. I've given up trying to figure it all out. I don't think PA know either and that's the worrying part.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Brizbee said:

Hi Alexander,

My views and zooms have been relatively stable if not slightly higher than the corresponding months last year. What I got today, though, was 100 views for nothing - no search term, nothing to click on in measures, just 100 free views. Not bad I thought, until I realised that this affects my CTR and subsequently my ranking for actual proper searches. I'm sure someone else had this problem a while back but I can't find the post now.

Brian

Hello Brian

I had this happen as well and asked Alamy but never got an explanation.

I too have seen views plummet with an occasional random uptick.

Zooms also seem few and far between but if views are real numbers then that's no surprise.

I was getting 150 plus views a day with fewer images but now lucky to see 50 a day.

Not giving up the day job any time soon 🤨

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Alexander Hog said:

Probably true Not been able to get out with the camera at all for the last few weeks Thanks 

I meant my own. The decline is more over years than weeks.

It could also be a lot of other things:

Clients learning how to search more efficiently on Alamy.

Many more contributors.

Higher rank for other contributors or maybe agencies.

Higher ranking collections boosting sales by agencies. Especially by some preferred agencies.

More competition from competing stock outlets.

The economy.

wim

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

I meant my own. The decline is more over years than weeks.

It could also be a lot of other things:

Clients learning how to search more efficiently on Alamy.

Many more contributors.

Higher rank for other contributors or maybe agencies.

Higher ranking collections boosting sales by agencies. Especially by some preferred agencies.

More competition from competing stock outlets.

The economy.

wim

... change in Alamy stat tracking

Edited by meanderingemu