How did your August views compare with your views for June this year?

On 01/09/2022 at 11:43, Ed Rooney said:

4,327 for August. That's up a bit from June and July. 

While we're on the subject, just what is a view

???

My understanding is when your image is shown from a viewer’s (customer‘s) search, and whatever page your image was on, the customer viewed that page. Whether he/she locked onto your image and paid attention to it is a moot point.

1 minute ago, Betty LaRue said:

My understanding is when your image is shown from a viewer’s (customer‘s) search, and whatever page your image was on, the customer viewed that page. Whether he/she locked onto your image and paid attention to it is a moot point.

That's my understanding (or misunderstanding) as well.

That famous quote from the Bible comes to mind: "For many are called, but few are chosen."

Or ... "close but no cigar." 🤠

June Views 2022: 24,509; August views 2022: 20,361, ie august views were 83% of June views.

The percentages do not particularly surprise me as they have been similar for the past 3-4 years.  Prior to that Augusts' views were closer, but always a little down on June as I think more people are away on holiday and there is a little less market activity.

What concerns me more is that the overall numbers of views is markedly down on say 4-5 years ago, where I was getting almost double the number of views I am getting now, and can see no obvious reason why this should be except for possibly and overall reduction in market activity in Alamy/PA?

Kumar

• Love 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Doc said:

June Views 2022: 24,509; August views 2022: 20,361, ie august views were 83% of June views.

The percentages do not particularly surprise me as they have been similar for the past 3-4 years.  Prior to that Augusts' views were closer, but always a little down on June as I think more people are away on holiday and there is a little less market activity.

What concerns me more is that the overall numbers of views is markedly down on say 4-5 years ago, where I was getting almost double the number of views I am getting now, and can see no obvious reason why this should be except for possibly and overall reduction in market activity in Alamy/PA?

Kumar

I would think the increase in Alamy’s image numbers from 4-5 years ago would have some influence. I doubt any of us can upload enough, quickly enough, to keep the percentages relevant.

• Love 1

June  1,187 / 1 zoom / 3 sales

July   1,326  / 7 zooms / 0 sales

Aug   1,201 / 5 zooms / 3 sales

July was best for views and zooms, and worst for sales - none! 

But views are generally up from earlier in the year which is a encouraging. If no one sees my photos, they can't sell. Zooms don't seem to make much difference with my images - it's a surprise when a zoomed file actually sells. As you can see I had more sales (which showed up in my measures stats) than zooms in June. 

• Like 1