Why the Minus symbol?

Neil Bussey

Question

8 answers to this question

So Alamy can take earnings away from you just like that. If i'm right that's unfair at best isn't it? I have to sell another £136 in comission just to get back to Zero,because Alamy has refunded a client!! So they take the refund away from me at no cost to themselves. Jeez. I hope i'm wrong.

Edited by Neil Bussey
  • Like 1

Company's go bust regrettably. If Alamy don't get paid neither do you. Of course there are genuine cases where your image has been part of a project then not used as things went forward and a refund is sought. Maybe unfair but that's the way Alamy are set up to operate.

5 hours ago, Sultanpepa said:

Company's go bust regrettably. If Alamy don't get paid neither do you.

but they did get paid, since a negative current Cleared balance means they had received the payment, held it for 45 days (with interest), before clearing it, then held if for longer period until contributor reached $50 cleared, then held it for an extra 10-12 days until it was paid. 

this also means the client was refunded After the period provided under the buyer's agreement

Edited by meanderingemu
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Neil Bussey said:

So Alamy can take earnings away from you just like that. If i'm right that's unfair at best isn't it? I have to sell another £136 in comission just to get back to Zero,because Alamy has refunded a client!! So they take the refund away from me at no cost to themselves. Jeez. I hope i'm wrong.

nope you are correct.  and worse, if this happened across Revenue Year (July to July) Alamy is still reading the contract they wrote to figure out how this impacts Commission levels.

• Like 2