Signs are not good

It's now exactly a month since my last sale. Up until then I was having a really good year - the best for quite a few years.

This is of course entirely unconnected with the changes to the website that happened around the same time.

Alan

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that. Coincidentally, my sales got sliced in half when the new website kicked in. Much to my surprise, things bounced back nicely in July (best month this year). This month the tumbleweeds seem to be returning, so far anyway. Given how dysfunctional the new search system is, I think that most of us can expect a lot more ups and downs going forward.

Hopefully fixes are in the works... 🛠️

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 1

I share your pain. After 10 consecutive years of growth everything stopped after the re re-rank and the new search engine. Views are down 60% I cant remember what zooms are and sales are down to just a few each month. I also live in hope but am not very optimistic 

As someone who has been doing relatively well of late, the second week of August has come off the rails with just one PU and a cents sale since Monday. Hopefully the holiday theory is correct.

Halfway through the month and I've had but one new sale reported - a PU license that showed up yesterday. Can't remember the last time this happened. I usually have at least half a dozen sales by now. Don't wish to sound like a moaner, but I can't help feeling that this is not a good sign.  Plus I can't help thinking that the new website with its dysfunctional filters, etc. is at least partially to blame

P.S. Hopefully I'll be able to eat my words by the end of the month.

Edited by John Mitchell

And finally I've had another sale - two in fact, for $1.48 each. My average for the year prior to that was $39.23.

So the glitzy new epilepsy-inducing website is really working for me. <ironic emoji>

Alan

Sorry to not fit in, but I haven't noticed any difference with the website change. I am still uploading regularly, but just a few at a time. 10 sales so far this month. Favourite one is a manhole cover!

A low $$$ sale was invoiced today, which is encouraging. However, it's an old image that licenses fairly often for decent amounts because I have the only pic on Alamy of this particular subject (not telling). However, since the new website raised its glitzy head, I'm certainly seeing a lot more instability. Someone needs to fix those sticky filters... 🛠️

• Love 1
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

I look for that occasional $$$ too, John. So far this month, I have 11 $ or $$ leases and my zooms are up. I feel for you guys who are having a bad month. Very discouraging. 

That's nice to hear. You seem to be hitting a lot of home runs lately.

August so far has been very poor at Alamy for me.  Still only $24 net for 3 sales.  Even AS is at $162 now.  Seems to be the result of Alamy trying to be too hip for their own good.

Edited by Reimar

1 hour ago, Reimar said:

August so far has been very poor at Alamy for me.  Still only $24 net for 3 sales.  Even AS is at $162 now.  Seems to be the result of Alamy trying to be too hip for their own good.

I don't want to know how your sales are going at Adobe Stock because it is against Alamy forum rules here.

I suspect that it is the same if Adobe have a forum.

Just do what you want to do. 

• Like 1