August 2022 - Favourite uploads

spacecadet

19 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Did he stay still for long?

Allan

PS

Was there a few years ago. Did Bourton, Lower and Upper Slaughter, and lots more in the area including Guiting Power, Stow on the Wold, Snowshill (lovely village), Bibury and Burford. Among others.

ITMA

No, not long 🙂

We pick off our walks from the OS Pathfinder books. That particular walk was a 10 mile, circular route, around Bourton, Lower and Higher Slaughter and Naunton.

Thank you for the recommendation from your travels. I’ve just checked the same Cotswolds Pathfinder book and there’s a walk taking in Stanton, Stanway and Snowshill. It’s described as a delightful 8 mile route. So, we’re going to try it either this or next week. 🙂

3 hours ago, Steve Hyde said:

No, not long 🙂

We pick off our walks from the OS Pathfinder books. That particular walk was a 10 mile, circular route, around Bourton, Lower and Higher Slaughter and Naunton.

Thank you for the recommendation from your travels. I’ve just checked the same Cotswolds Pathfinder book and there’s a walk taking in Stanton, Stanway and Snowshill. It’s described as a delightful 8 mile route. So, we’re going to try it either this or next week. 🙂

Let us know how you do on your walk and what you think of the villages please.

Allan

• Like 1

Young girl throwing beanbag at tin cans in Tin Can Alley Lincoln 1940's weekend.

young-girl-throwing-beanbag-at-tin-cans-in-tin-can-alley-lincoln-1940s-weekend-lincoln-cathedral-quarter-23rd-july-2022-2JN9N7W.jpg

Two ladies and gentleman in period dress Lincoln 1940's weekend, Lincoln.

two-ladies-and-gentleman-in-period-dress-lincoln-1940s-weekend-lincoln-cathedral-quarter-23rd-july-2022-2JN9N72.jpg

Security staff at Lincoln 1940's weekend, Lincoln.

security-staff-at-lincoln-1940s-weekend-lincoln-cathedral-quarter-23rd-july-2022-2JN9N61.jpg

Lady dressed up as a Wren Lincoln 1940's weekend, Lincoln.

lady-dressed-up-as-a-wren-lincoln-1940s-weekend-lincoln-cathedral-quarter-23rd-july-2022-2JN9N3W.jpg

Charity shop window notice changing display High Street, Lincoln.

charity-shop-window-notice-changing-display-high-street-lincoln-city-2022-2JNP597.jpg

School safety zone advisory speed limit signs and mandatory no stopping zone.

school-safety-zone-advisory-speed-limit-signs-and-mandatory-no-stopping-zone-laburnum-drive-cherry-willingham-lincolnshire-2022-2JNP5C7.jpg

Victorian prison within Lincoln castle walls.

victorian-prison-within-lincoln-castle-walls-2022-2JNP5CM.jpg

The Crooked House Lincoln city council owned holiday rental house, Michaelgate, Lincoln.

the-crooked-house-lincoln-city-council-owned-holiday-rental-house-michaelgate-lincoln-city-2022-2JNP5CB.jpg

Jews House and Jews Court The Strait, Lincoln city old town.

jews-house-and-jews-court-rhe-strait-lincoln-city-old-town-2022-2JPC9EA.jpg

Sarah Swift Building University of Lincoln, Brayford wharf East, Lincoln.

sarah-swift-building-university-of-lincoln-brayford-wharf-east-lincoln-city-2022-2JPC9MG.jpg

The Green Dragon public house and restaurant to let, Broadgate Lincoln.

the-green-dragon-public-house-and-restaurant-to-let-broadgate-lincoln-2022-2JPC9TC.jpg

Steep Hill Lincoln city old town from Danesgate.

steep-hill-lincoln-city-old-town-from-danesgate-2022-2JPC9PE.jpg

River Witham looking south from Rope Walk road Lincoln city.

river-witham-looking-south-from-rope-walk-road-lincoln-city-2022-2JPTRX4.jpg

Collecting black bin rubbish Cherry Willingham Lincolnshire.

collecting-black-bin-rubbish-cherry-willingham-lincolnshire-2022-2JPTRM1.jpg

Where have all the bicycles gone, rental bike docking station, Rope Walk, Lincoln.

where-have-all-the-bicycles-gone-rental-bike-docking-station-rope-walk-lincoln-city-2022-2JPTRXC.jpg

Oliver tugboat trip boat on Brayford pool Lincoln.

oliver-tugboat-trip-boat-on-brayford-pool-lincoln-city-2022-2JPTRPR.jpg

I know it is a lot but that is it for this month.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, gvallee said:

You've been busy Allan! Excellent images Allan. Lovely town.

Thank you Gen. If you like them there are a lot more in my port with A. Just look for Lincoln in my port. (Just in case there are spelling mistakes you might look at variants too.)

Allan

• Love 1

11 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Thank you Gen. If you like them there are a lot more in my port with A. Just look for Lincoln in my port. (Just in case there are spelling mistakes you might look at variants too.)

Allan

I took a look at your Lincoln port and loved it. I'm surprised you don't have more sales, you have a good mixture of subjects, including people. Lincoln seems a very interesting town, both modern and historic. Good choice!

6 hours ago, gvallee said:

I took a look at your Lincoln port and loved it. I'm surprised you don't have more sales, you have a good mixture of subjects, including people. Lincoln seems a very interesting town, both modern and historic. Good choice!

Thank you kind lady.

Allan

I always give money to musicians who are playing something I enjoy. It's so nice to hear real music suddenly in the City. The rap coming from passing cars is just painful.

Paulette

• Like 1

On 26/08/2022 at 16:25, Allan Bell said:

Thank you kind lady.

Allan

I have just remembered where I had heard that statement before.

It was said by Sheriff Buford T. Justice (Jackie Gleason) in Smokey and the Bandit.

Allan

3 hours ago, Bryan said:

The heatwave may be over but here's a memory of those 30 plus temperatures this summer as families headed for the seaside in Sunderland.

families-heading-for-the-beach-at-seabur

Ahh! I remember it well. Went there many times.  WELL it was my LOCAL.  Might revisit one day but not this year.  When I used to go there (before my teens) there was a funfair with a big dipper.  Gone now.😔

Allan

• Love 1

On 31/08/2022 at 11:18, Allan Bell said:

Ahh! I remember it well. Went there many times.  WELL it was my LOCAL.  Might revisit one day but not this year.  When I used to go there (before my teens) there was a funfair with a big dipper.  Gone now.😔

Allan

Hope you've still got your passport.  Do you remember the little cubic tents that people used to rent from the council, or was that just South Shields?  Pre cheap flights and foreign holidays the beach used to be covered with them.

27 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Hope you've still got your passport.  Do you remember the little cubic tents that people used to rent from the council, or was that just South Shields?  Pre cheap flights and foreign holidays the beach used to be covered with them.

No passport is out of date but I was born there so have freedom of city status.  I do not remember the tents it was just deck chairs as far as I can remember.

I do remember Notarianni's ice cream parlour on the sea front. Used to go there for iced drinks (cream soda with ice cream topping).  I believe that has gone too.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell

58 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

No passport is out of date but I was born there so have freedom of city status.  I do not remember the tents it was just deck chairs as far as I can remember.

I do remember Notarianni's ice cream parlour on the sea front. Used to go there for iced drinks (cream soda with ice cream topping).  I believe that has gone too.

Allan

Notariannis long gone, but MInchellas are still going strong along the coast in South Shields. I vaguely remember my grandfather taking me there.  Yet another Italian family, the Dragones, had a fleet of vans that used to come round our way. They offered "Dragon's Blood" to top your ice cream.

On 31/08/2022 at 11:18, Allan Bell said:

Allan

The fun of the fair has moved along the coast to South Shields

2JW2980.jpg

On 01/09/2022 at 21:13, Bryan said:

Notariannis long gone, but MInchellas are still going strong along the coast in South Shields. I vaguely remember my grandfather taking me there.  Yet another Italian family, the Dragones, had a fleet of vans that used to come round our way. They offered "Dragon's Blood" to top your ice cream.

Yes we used to be offered "Dragon's Blood" from out travelling ice cream van salesman around our way. Actually in our street.

Allan

14 minutes ago, Pekka Liukkonen said:

Still cannot drag the image here and the Insert image from URL button does not work. So no images from me here.

Try the method I and others use. View the image in a new tab, enlarge, then drag the image into the url bar. Then copy the complete line from the url bar and paste into the post.

On 07/09/2022 at 05:34, Pekka Liukkonen said:

Thanks for Your help but I guess You all can go on with Your life not seeing my photos.

I've not been following this thread, has anyone suggested the quick and easy method of right clicking on the enlarged image in Image Manager? It gives you the image address which you can insert into your post using "Insert image from URL". You don't get a massive picture, but we'd be able to see your photo.

22 minutes ago, Bryan said:

I've not been following this thread, has anyone suggested the quick and easy method of right clicking on the enlarged image in Image Manager? It gives you the image address which you can insert into your post using "Insert image from URL". You don't get a massive picture, but we'd be able to see your photo.

You do if you replace 'zoom' with 'comp' in the URL.

• Love 1
  • Like 1