Hopefully I've done this correctly for a critique

Some great comments above.  I will ad one for an image that struct me

2JH2KHB

forth-rail-bridge-in-south-queensferry-2JH2KHB.jpg

Your caption is:

"Forth Rail Bridge in South Queensferry"

But to me this is an image of this glorious Giraffe statue decorated with puffins. Someone looking for the bridge is not likely to want this image, and someone looking for this subject likely won't find it, what is the story of the statue, from hashtag it looks like a "Giraffe about Town" project, but this is not in description not KWs.  Year may be important if this is annual, an all you have is 19th century which i assume is the bridge not the Giraffe. 

People need to find your images when they are looking for them, and not when they aren't 

Edited by meanderingemu
  • Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

But to me this is an image of this glorious Giraffe statue decorated with puffins. Someone looking for the bridge is not likely to want this image, and someone looking for this subject likely won't find it, what is the story of the statue, from hashtag it looks like a "Giraffe about Town" project, but this is not in description not KWs.  Year may be important if this is annual, an all you have is 19th century which i assume is the bridge not the Giraffe. 

People need to find your images when they are looking for them, and not when they aren't 

Edited 43 minutes ago by meanderingemu

Thanks That's why I'm taking a break from this for some time to sort things out and rethink things 

• Like 2

On 18/07/2022 at 11:06, Alexander Hog said:

I see others are getting sales and I cannot get anything really Just wondered if I have done anything wrong Have been in to add tags etc so it's not as feeble as before  Don't know if I have to change things to be able to get sales Getting peeved off  Alamy Image Manager Any ideas would be great 

It is a long old game... Ten year old and twelve year old images licensed yesterday.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, dunstun365 said:

I cannot see your images (or anyone elses) because when I click on them it just says internal error.

I provided a link on the first page.

You can type in this to the main search bar on Alamy's homepage:

Alexander Hogg/f:pseudonym

Edited by Steve F

After having another look at a lot of information I have put up it is still feeble and going to have a look to improve it before carrying on with this 

Not surprised now that am not getting sales 

I think your photos are a good start, not perfect (but whose are), but not bad either. The critical thing to learn and to edit your descriptions, keywords and location. If you could image describing your photo to me who has never seen the subject, so full title of the subject (building name etc), then describe where, what, why  it is, the street or road name. Use the description full amount of characters or as much not to spam to almost write a mini paragraph or mini blog. Do not just put keywords into the description, I rightly or wrongly write a full sentence or paragraph not a keyword list. 

In reality you are describing a photo that Google cant see, but Google does recognize words and phrases. The search engine at Alamy needs words to find images. Try looking at some popular contributors and see how they use the description and keywords. Like everything else in life it is a skill you can learn and this will help you get sales.

I have looked at your portfolio in the past when you have posted in How was your month and reported no sales and the descriptions I saw were too vague. You can find a lot about your subjects from Googling them, looking at WiKi pages. I really do wish you better fortunes with Alamy.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Normspics said:

I have looked at your portfolio in the past when you have posted in How was your month and reported no sales and the descriptions I saw were too vague. You can find a lot about your subjects from Googling them, looking at WiKi pages. I really do wish you better fortunes with Alamy.

Thanks I am taking time out from uploading any more photos and will be doing as you mentioned and going through everything and redoing the descriptions which I agree with you to do This has been a steep learning curve but hopefully get better at it 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Been going through all the captions and tags and still a lot to do and had no idea how bad they really were Now I know why there has been limited sales  

Edited by Alexander Hog
Didn't look what I was writing
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1