Change in SAME CONTRIBUTOR when searching

At the bottom of a thumbnail is a little icon like a pile of photos and it used to show a few images of the subject by the same photographer if you hovered over it. Then if you clicked on it you saw all the photos of the subject by that same contributor. Now it does nothing unless you click on it and then it shows the whole portfolio of the contributor. It is a loss for us, I think, and I don't think it is useful for the buyer.

Paulette

8 hours ago, NYCat said:

It is a loss for us, I think, and I don't think it is useful for the buyer

It certainly isn't, it is surely obvious to anyone that from the thumbnail a buyer would want to see more images by that contributor for that particular search, not all of their images. This problem is compounded by the fact that if you click to see the enlarged image and full details you will indeed sometimes (not always) see a small selection of thumbnails by that contributor for that subject with the heading "Stock photos by that same contributor - View All". But, as has already been reported on here, 'View All' is a dead link - "Sorry, we can't find anything for your search term". So there is no way of bringing up a full set of images by that photographer of a particular subject. You can if you wish click on the photographer's name to see all their images (for that pseudonym) so duplicating that from the icon on the thumbnail is pretty superfluous.

As you say, this fails both the contributor and the buyer. 

• Like 3

Up to a few days ago, hovering the mouse over that icon showed the other images that contributor had for that search, but clicking on it just showed all the images in that pseudonym on Alamy. Now hovering shows nothing and clicking does the same as it did a few days ago.

Broken and needs repair. Essentially, clicking on it needs to show the images that pseudonym has for that search.

Kumar

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Now when I hover I am seeing 8 images by the contributor but not of the searched for subject.

Paulette

It's good to know that they're working on it I guess. I think it's showing the most recent images for that photographer in fact.

Edited by Harry Harrison

The hover over the 'Same contributor' icon still just showing most recently uploaded images for that contributor, not relevant images, surely they're not going to leave it like this?

For me going to the enlarged view with full details does show a small set of relevant thumbnails under 'Stock photos by the same contributor' but the 'View All' option  is still a dead end.

• Like 1

Well, I won't be reporting on this every day but there is no change, perhaps they intend it to stay this way, I would say that it is bound to negatively affect our sales.

Noticed also that in Editorial you don't get that option at all.