Vital / Uncut Collections - what's the criteria?

12 minutes ago, NYCat said:

I guess I should try that. Some of my wildlife was taken more than 10 years ago. In theory, it doesn't matter when a photo  is taken of a wild animal unless there is a special circumstance like a drought.

Paulette

i agree. i would test a couple changing the AIM info.  let server run, and change back

16 hours ago, Harry Harrison said:

Thanks, so why does the csv say that there are no models and no releases and no property and no release even when you haven't filled in that information in Optional, those fields should be blank in the csv unless we have filled them in.  As meanderingemu has pointed out, this was acknowledged as a problem with respect to the contract back in 2021.

Hi Harry, 

We have taken a look at the csv report and if you haven't filled in the data; model release or property release, the field will be labelled as N/A. If you do fill in the data, the field will be labelled as Yes or No. 

Thanks, 

Alamy 

• Dislike 1

26 minutes ago, Alamy said:

Hi Harry, 

We have taken a look at the csv report and if you haven't filled in the data; model release or property release, the field will be labelled as N/A. If you do fill in the data, the field will be labelled as Yes or No. 

Thanks, 

Alamy 

Thank you very much for looking but with respect that doesn't seem to be the case, that's what I'd like to happen in fact. I have 2772 images currently and for all of these the value in the both the Property Release and Model Release columns in the csv is 'NA' for every image, all 2772 rows (none of my images have any releases). I have filled in the data for People & Property for some, most in fact, but certainly not for all and this is reflected in corresponding attribute searches, and also by which of those eligible images appear in Vital.

However, more importantly, if I don't click in Optional to 'Select' 0 People, or No Property then the values for each in the spreadsheet is still '0' and 'N' respectively, exactly the same as if I did click in and 'Select' one or both. They should be blank, or perhaps 'NA' if you haven't personally selected them, and this is exactly the issue that James A said he would look into resolving back in 2021.

I should say that if you can rectify this in the csv that will help me a lot because I don't mind playing with spreadsheets, but it won't help probably the majority on here. It really needs a way of finding them in AIM, and similarly for those marked with the restriction 'Sell for editorial only'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alamy said:

Hi Harry, 

Thanks, 

Alamy 

Just downloaded my CSV. Following images had info not filled in, and this does not seem really help. 

It shows 0 for number of people, and N(o) for Property, not NA so it seems the promised change was never implemented and we are still in the dark.  the info on release is not relevant as this appears for All cases, in fact even if i enter the info it Always appears as NA if not provided

Screenshot-from-2022-11-08-06-58-40.png

Edited by meanderingemu
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Harry Harrison said:

Thank you very much for looking but with respect that doesn't seem to be the case, that's what I'd like to happen in fact. I have 2772 images currently and for all of these the value in the both the Property Release and Model Release columns in the csv is 'NA' for every image, all 2772 rows (none of my images have any releases). I have filled in the data for People & Property for some, most in fact, but certainly not for all and this is reflected in corresponding attribute searches, and also by which of those eligible images appear in Vital.

However, more importantly, if I don't click in Optional to 'Select' 0 People, or No Property then the values for each in the spreadsheet is still '0' and 'N' respectively, exactly the same as if I did click in and 'Select' one or both. They should be blank, or perhaps 'NA' if you haven't personally selected them, and this is exactly the issue that James A said he would look into resolving back in 2021.

I should say that if you can rectify this in the csv that will help me a lot because I don't mind playing with spreadsheets, but it won't help probably the majority on here. It really needs a way of finding them in AIM, and similarly for those marked with the restriction 'Sell for editorial only'.

don't you love totally correct answers "Release form show NA if you entered nothing", that are totally meaningless and that don't address the issue..  This is what it feels like to be an Actuary 😉 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

don't you love totally correct answers "Release form show NA if you entered nothing", that are totally meaningless and that don't address the issue..  This is what it feels like to be an Actuary 😉 

Really what we're asking, in particular with the csv export, shouldn't be difficult to do at all. A csv export doesn't have to have columns that correspond to the actual contents of an existing database field, indeed I suspect that the existing one doesn't. It can easily be a report where the contents are conditional in the way we are asking it to be, simple for a programmer frankly. It's almost as if the actual problem is they they are under the impression that it already is like we need it to be.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Harry Harrison said:

Really what we're asking, in particular with the csv export, shouldn't be difficult to do at all. A csv export doesn't have to have columns that correspond to the actual contents of an existing database field, indeed I suspect that the existing one doesn't. It can easily be a report where the contents are conditional in the way we are asking it to be, simple for a programmer frankly. It's almost as if the actual problem is they they are under the impression that it already is like we need it to be.

if you look at the answer from last year, it was clear that James A totally understood the issue.  One thing that is getting clear in recent months is that the front facing staff is getting more and more dismissive answers from back office, and then get the brunt of the frustration when these are of little help.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Harry Harrison said:

Hi Harry, 

Thanks for clarifying this, please can you email our team contributors@alamy.com with this issue and a couple of specific Alamy image ID's and we will be able to forward this onto our IT team to take a look at. 

Thanks, 

Alamy. 

3 hours ago, Alamy said:

Hi Harry, 

Thanks for clarifying this, please can you email our team contributors@alamy.com with this issue and a couple of specific Alamy image ID's and we will be able to forward this onto our IT team to take a look at. 

Thanks, 

Alamy. 

here, already available above....

Screenshot-from-2022-11-08-06-58-40.png

also as shown above James A acknowledge 18 months ago that this was a known issue on this forum, why does this seem like news?

Edited by meanderingemu

11 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

also as shown above James A acknowledge 18 months ago that this was a known issue on this forum, why does this seem like news?

So I suppose I'm going to have spend even more time spelling it all out in an email when 'they' could just read this thread and James A is totally on top of it anyway, it's exhausting really. I'm beginning to wonder if there's anyone left at Alamy that understands this kind of thing.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Harry Harrison said:

So I suppose I'm going to have spend even more time spelling it all out in an email when 'they' could just read this thread and James A is totally on top of it anyway, it's exhausting really. I'm beginning to wonder if there's anyone left at Alamy that understands this kind of thing.

and sadly the CS will then likely get run around from back office, and we will be back to square one. (see all discussion on the contract issues)

feel free to use my chart above to illustrate the issue. 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Harry Harrison said:

maybe this is what the feedback survey told them, less reaction options and more "contact CS" with same question replies

• Thanks 1

Just now, meanderingemu said:

maybe this is what the feedback survey told them, less reaction options and more "contact CS" with same question replies

Yes, I wonder, and there was I thinking that removing the Sad & Confused emojis was going to be the sum of it.

• Thanks 1

Hi All,

We're closing this thread due to the comments now going off-topic and a lack of any further constructive criticism or collaboration being offered by Forum members on this thread.

We’ll look into the issue about the report from AIM not showing accurate information on releases and will let you know when we have an update on this. We’d also like to remind everyone that we deal with multiple IT queries on a daily basis. This relates to all sections of the website, both for contributors and customers, as well as among other things, the systems that Alamy uses to manage over 300 million images.

Therefore, we do have to prioritise in terms of urgency and importance from the queries raised that come in constantly. Some fixes may be very simple and quick to rectify, while others are more complex and need greater resource and more time before they can be resolved.

While it may feel that we are not listening, we certainly are, and we do read all of your comments which are important to us to get a better understanding of the contributor experience, which in turn helps us look to where we can make improvements.

We regularly review the topics and comments that are shared on the Forum, which should be a collaborative and informative space for all. However, we'd also like to remind everyone of the Forum guidelines and that the Forum is here for contributors to spark debate and find answers from each other. Forum members are also all equally responsible for being mature and respectful in sharing useful and fact-based information, as well as constructive criticism, to help each other and improve the contributor experience.

Thanks,

Alamy

• Alamy locked this topic