Vital / Uncut Collections - what's the criteria?

1 hour ago, Alamy said:

We rely on contributors to add information about releases correctly so that they should appear in the Create collection that's most relevant to the data that has been added by the contributor. 

Thanks, 

Alamy 

Thanks

and yet we still do not have proper tool to provide this information.  Can we get a Clear formal consisten definition of how to answer the "Is there Property question?" and when will we get data in CSV to clearly identify images that have the question Unfilled as you said you would look into May 17, 2021 (see above). 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Alamy said:

Hi All, 

Images in the Vital collection are all model released, where there are people, and offer our customers a safe collection of up-to-date lifestyle and commercially usable imagery. We rely on contributors to add information about releases correctly so that they should appear in the Create collection that's most relevant to the data that has been added by the contributor. 

Thanks, 

Alamy 

Just one more thing (insert Colombo image).  The following image is clearly indicated as having No People, No Property yet it does not, and cannot, be featured in Vital.  Is this a bug in system?

2J43JG7.jpg

14 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

The following image is clearly indicated as having No People, No Property yet it does not, and cannot, be featured in Vita

Is that because it has "This image could have imperfections as it’s either historical or reportage." - i.e. Reportage upload? I think they only come up in All Images, not Creative.

Regarding Property, Cal set out the same question back in July 2020, there must be many other similar posts as well I suppose. Back then it was really about protection from possible copyright problems, but now there's the 'Vital' collection to consider as well.

https://discussion.alamy.com/topic/13187-when-is-it-ok-to-declare-an-image-does-not-contain-property/#comment-253705

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Harry Harrison said:

Is that because it has "This image could have imperfections as it’s either historical or reportage." - i.e. Reportage upload? I think they only come up in All Images, not Creative.

not one of the parameter stated by @Alamy above.  It actually was a live news weather upload, Spring return of ospreys, but if this is a new rule with the change in platform, @Alamyhas never communicated that these now need to be uploaded again. In past these would be included as Traditional Stock just be removing the "for editorial only" checkmark. 

• Love 2

Struggling with the attributes filter, haven't really used it before.

It seems that I have only 272 images for the 'Does not contain property' filter. I'm guessing that these might be the only ones where I have clicked into the Property field and selected No, only guessing mind.

If I then check the 'Not property released' check-box, so that both attributes are applied that figure goes down to 42. What am I seeing here? None of my images have Property releases.

Edited by Harry Harrison

41 minutes ago, Alamy said:

Hi All,

There are no people in the search above, so they don't need to have a model release. The qualifying criteria for Vital are that there needs to be a model release (where there are people in the image) or the optional information needs to include that there are 0 people in the image, where there are no people. If the image hasn't already been selected for Ultimate or Foundation then the image would appear in Vital (but this would additionally exclude those images that are older than 10 years; have been submitted via News, archive or Reportage; restricted for advertising or consumer goods).

Thanks,

Alamy

So property releases aren't required for the Vital collection?

Jill

7 minutes ago, Jill Morgan said:

So property releases aren't required for the Vital collection?

Jill

I just did a search in the vital collection for the Harris Hawk image I uploaded last week.  One I took a few years ago is there, but my newest one is not as I marked it as Property - Yes.  No release.  This bird was bred and owned by the Raptor Conservancy so did not want to have any clash back later on.  I marked all the images I took there as property - yes.  @Alamy has not mentioned property releases for there vital collection only releases for people.  Could that be because all the images that @meanderingemu showed were buildings that should have property releases?

Jill

2 hours ago, Alamy said:

) or the optional information needs to include that there are 0 people in the image, where there are no people

Please could you address the issue described above that the csv download does not distinguish which images have been set to Models '0' and releases 'No' in Optional from those where it hasn't been entered in AIM at all, similarly for Property. There is no way of finding these in AIM, or identifying them from the csv. Thanks.

Edited by Harry Harrison

It's self-evident that, if there is no property, they also need to have been marked as Property - No in AIM to appear in Vital, it is not enough to leave them as the default which is revealed by downloading the csv.

Edited by Harry Harrison
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Alamy said:

Hi All,

There are no people in the search above, so they don't need to have a model release. The qualifying criteria for Vital are that there needs to be a model release (where there are people in the image) or the optional information needs to include that there are 0 people in the image, where there are no people. If the image hasn't already been selected for Ultimate or Foundation then the image would appear in Vital (but this would additionally exclude those images that are older than 10 years; have been submitted via News, archive or Reportage; restricted for advertising or consumer goods).

Thanks,

Alamy

Only four of my grizzly bear images appear in Vital. No people. Some from 2013. It seems all of them from that trip should be vital. I always fill out the optional field.

Paulette

Hi All,

Thank you for your input, we have now revised the post:

In addition to the message posted previously, with regard to property, there needs to be a property release, or the image needs to be listed as not containing property or not needing a property release.

We apologise that we didn’t clarify on the property release issue in the previous post.

Thanks,

Alamy

6 minutes ago, Alamy said:

In addition to the message posted previously, with regard to property, there needs to be a property release, or the image needs to be listed as not containing property or not needing a property release.

Thanks, so why does the csv say that there are no models and no releases and no property and no release even when you haven't filled in that information in Optional, those fields should be blank in the csv unless we have filled them in.  As meanderingemu has pointed out, this was acknowledged as a problem with respect to the contract back in 2021.

1 hour ago, Alamy said:

Hi All,

Thank you for your input, we have now revised the post:

We apologise that we didn’t clarify on the property release issue in the previous post.

Thanks,

Alamy

so this image, clearly identified as 0 person should be VItal?  It isn't 

2JJPFNN.jpg

So again, why are not all contributors treated the same?   Why are the Paris image Approved as VITAL?

Edited by meanderingemu

3 hours ago, Jill Morgan said:

I just did a search in the vital collection for the Harris Hawk image I uploaded last week.  One I took a few years ago is there, but my newest one is not as I marked it as Property - Yes.  No release.  This bird was bred and owned by the Raptor Conservancy so did not want to have any clash back later on.  I marked all the images I took there as property - yes.  @Alamy has not mentioned property releases for there vital collection only releases for people.  Could that be because all the images that @meanderingemu showed were buildings that should have property releases?

Jill

btw, I agree with your marking of the image i would have done the same, not only because the birds are in captivity, but also because you took the images on their site with a paid entrance fee. 

Regardless this should be not relevant according to @Alamy comment above and the images should be in the Vital collection 

3 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

so this image, clearly identified as 0 person should be VItal?  It isn't 

2JJPFNN.jpg

nor this one

2J1CYE7.jpg

nor any of my images identified as No person, but with property

So again, why are not all contributors treated the same? 

From Alamys reply, they won't appear in Vital as you have marked them with property but presumably have no releases.

However still don't know how the other images of buildings you posted have got into Vital, there is no way you could get releases for those

4 minutes ago, Martin L said:

From Alamys reply, they won't appear in Vital as you have marked them with property but presumably have no releases.

However still don't know how the other images of buildings you posted have got into Vital, there is no way you could get releases for those

i guess i misread.  So @Alamy the question remains how are those Paris pictures VITAL?

1 minute ago, NYCat said:

And I still don't understand why my wild animals... taken less than 10 years ago... don't all appear in Vital. Am I being stupid..missing something?

Paulette

You need to be 'in the club'..... ...(that sounds wrong)

4 minutes ago, NYCat said:

And I still don't understand why my wild animals... taken less than 10 years ago... don't all appear in Vital. Am I being stupid..missing something?

Paulette

do they have AIM filled as 

No People

No Property

If yes, it does seems some were missed initially, as noted above i did a test, changing them to "With property no release", let one night server run, then change back to "No property", and Voila! they were now vital after following run!

(and they said you can't play the system)

38 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

do they have AIM filled as 

No People

No Property

If yes, it does seems some were missed initially, as noted above i did a test, changing them to "With property no release", let one night server run, then change back to "No property", and Voila! they were now vital after following run!

(and they said you can't play the system)

I guess I should try that. Some of my wildlife was taken more than 10 years ago. In theory, it doesn't matter when a photo  is taken of a wild animal unless there is a special circumstance like a drought.

Paulette

Edited by NYCat

• Alamy locked this topic