Images sold in July 2022

Manchester, UK, 19th June, 2022. The Juba do Leão group, a Manchester based drum and dance collective. The group says:  "Where the head, hands and feet of Northwest England meet the body, soul and spirit of Northeast Brazil." Performers and artists take part in the Manchester Day Parade, Manchester, England, United Kingdom.  Credit: Terry Waller/Alamy Live News. $.

2JDA8NC.jpg

• Like 1

The photographer becomes the photographee. He was in the way for a while, so....

A professional photographer taking a picture of Dettifoss waterfall, in the Jökulsárgljúfur canyon, Vatnajökull National Park, northeast Iceland

a-professional-photographer-taking-a-pic

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve F said:

The photographer becomes the photographee. He was in the way for a while, so....

A professional photographer taking a picture of Dettifoss waterfall, in the Jökulsárgljúfur canyon, Vatnajökull National Park, northeast Iceland

Taken by another professional photographer.😃

Allan

3 hours ago, JaniMarkus Hasa said:

I had my ATH sale, that was invoiced in march, cleared in April and paid in July, just re-funded. Apparently I owe Alamy $ 111 now. Motivating.

Ridiculous. And I wouldn't be surprised if the "buyers" use the image anyway. How does this situation work? Do your royalties just get withheld until the debt is met or are you actually expected to pay upfront?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Steve F said:

doesn't look like a professional.   PLEASE DO NOT BE LIKE THIS entitled *****.  THOSE GUIDEROPES are to protect people from destroying the environment for pics, to protect your safety and to prevent valuable resources from being squandered on your rescue if something happens.

Edited by sooth

Just now, sooth said:

please don't be like this entitled *****.  THOSE GUIDEROPES are to protect people from destroying the environment for pics, to protect your safety and to prevent valuable resources from being squandered on your rescue if something happens.

True. Some people go a bit too far to get THE shot.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sooth said:

doesn't look like a professional.  

.........who would have been able to work out that you could get that exact shot from WHERE YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE without being a big eejit.

Dead easy to avoid the wires, about 1m further back, tripod a bit higher, zoom in a bit, or crop. Geometry not his best subject?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

.........who would have been able to work out that you could get that exact shot from WHERE YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE without being a big eejit.

Dead easy to avoid the wires, about 1m further back, tripod a bit higher, zoom in a bit, or crop. Geometry not his best subject?

Yes, it did occur to me. It's not like he couldn't have missed the foreground out. Maybe he didn't want to get jostled by all the tourists. But it wasn't that crowded tbh. It's labelled as professional as that seemed the most appropriate title. It's certainly hard work lugging a tripod around Iceland (mine was too big and heavy!)

First ever Sunday reported sale for me.

Usage: Presentation or Newsletter.

Start: 16.7.22.

Duration: In perpetuity.

low $$

atlantic-salmon-salmo-salar-leaping-a-we

Atlantic Salmon, Scotland.

Edited by Roy Waller
  • Love 3

Low $$$

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: iQ sale: Single company - multiple use editorial only ;  Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing ;  Start: 18-July-2022 ; Duration: Unlimited

salone-sistino-domenico-fontana-biblioth

Mid/low $$

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Book, print and/or e-book ;  Print run: up to 100,000 ;  Placement: Inside ;  Start: 18-July-2022 ; End: 18-July-2032 UK

empire-state-building-lobby-and-elevator

• Love 1

5 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

A couple photos sold to German travel guide book for low to mid $$  Both taken in Mississippi, USA

Distro sales so not a great amount to me 🤥

usa-mississippi-clarksdale-shack-up-inn-

usa-mississippi-ms-biloxi-fishing-pier-o

The first picture looks like what is called a shotgun house. Stand at the front door, shoot a gun and hit the back door. No side rooms. My husband’s uncle had one of those for a few years.

1 hour ago, Betty LaRue said:

The first picture looks like what is called a shotgun house. Stand at the front door, shoot a gun and hit the back door. No side rooms. My husband’s uncle had one of those for a few years.

Yes, exactly what this one was.  They were old sharecropper shotgun shacks on a cotton plantation that is now a "hotel" called The Shack Up Inn.  I've stayed there a couple of times. It is in Clarksdale, Mississippi.  Clarksdale is arguably the birthplace of Blues music.  Muddy Waters and other Blues greats were from that immediate area.  I really like it there, I was planing on returning when Covid hit and had to cancel my plans.

• Love 1

A live news from today, low/mid $$ web editorial.

farnborough-hampshire-uk-18th-jul-2022-the-aerospace-technology-trade-show-has-returned-after-the-break-due-to-the-covid-pandemic-with-the-worlds-leading-aviation-and-space-technology-companies-displaying-their-products-in-the-air-and-on-the-ground-the-trade-halls-are-busy-with-business-people-making-contacts-creditavpicsalamy-live-news-2JHF2J9.jpg

'Suits' around the exhibits is the 'go to' image for Farnborough, but for some reason few braved leaving the air-conditioned halls.

Edited by Avpics
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Avpics said:

farnborough-hampshire-uk-18th-jul-2022-the-aerospace-technology-trade-show-has-returned-after-the-break-due-to-the-covid-pandemic-with-the-worlds-leading-aviation-and-space-technology-companies-displaying-their-products-in-the-air-and-on-the-ground-the-trade-halls-are-busy-with-business-people-making-contacts-creditavpicsalamy-live-news-2JHF2J9.jpg

'Suits' around the exhibits is the 'go to' image for Farnborough, but for some reason few braved leaving the air-conditioned halls.

Well done for surviving the heat at the airshow today! I live in Farnborough close to the airport, and spent most of the day indoors, just nipping out into the garden to take a few photos when I heard something loud taking off!

Manchester, UK, 19th June, 2022. Holidaying horses in the 'Power of the Future' float. Performers and artists take part in the Manchester Day Parade, Manchester, England, United Kingdom. Organisers say: "Over 1,500 performers and artists from local communities bring Manchester city centre to life in a fantastic display of colour, sound and movement. An audience of more than 60,000 are wowed by the incredible day of amazing structures, vibrant costumes and pulsating music and dance". Credit: Terry Waller/Alamy Live News. $.

2JD9HKG.jpg

6 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Yes, exactly what this one was.  They were old sharecropper shotgun shacks on a cotton plantation that is now a "hotel" called The Shack Up Inn.  I've stayed there a couple of times. It is in Clarksdale, Mississippi.  Clarksdale is arguably the birthplace of Blues music.  Muddy Waters and other Blues greats were from that immediate area.  I really like it there, I was planing on returning when Covid hit and had to cancel my plans.

Muddy was one my favourites. I was lucky enough to see him perform at a small club in Old Montreal back in the late 60's. A lot of the old blues men -- Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee, John Lee Hooker, James Cotton, B.B. King, etc. -- used to come to Montreal. Those were the days... 🎸

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Avpics said:

The guys in suits were likely hot, although going by the shadows it wasn't the hottest time of the day. I've only been to the Farnborough show once as a boy. In the early 60's the company my father worked had an aviation division, and used to send a coach full of staff over. One year it was under subscribed and family members could fill the empty seats. Also around that time was the very local Halton Airshow until it was later discontinued. 

Edited by sb photos