Images sold in July 2022

Bibby Distribution HGV on M6 motorway. Shap, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom, Europe. 

Bibby Distribution HGV on M6 motorway. Shap, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom, Europe. Stock Photo

Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in a newsletter.
Start: 13 July 2022
Duration: In perpetuity

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Stan Pritchard said:

You could be right. I've now had a total of 17 sales of similar images (of packs of medication) and of these 17, 8 have been refunded. I'll keep you posted.

I floated the idea a while back that if captions said "Photograph of pack of xxx" this might happen less often.

• Love 1

a car being repossessed and towed away in an urban uk street Stock Photo

Car repossession, UK

Another $2 sale ... twice, identical sales so one may be refunded ...

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Image Size: Any size
Start: 14 July 2022
Duration: In perpetuity Single use in online platforms, social channels and Editorial use in owned DOOH when used in an editorial context and in owned media.

Edited by Martyn
info added
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Davor said:

Sold on Apr 11, sale refunded on Jul 12 to be sold again for slightly lesser amount the same day. The sale refunded again on Jul 13

https://www.alamy.com/image-details-popup.asp?Imageid=E35516A4-0454-4E8F-99D9-8E78C9E3CE58

This seems to be a common occurrence. I think it's penny-pinching buyers who think they can save a little, so they try this ploy.

I once had this happen;, a sale, then refunded, then resold for a slightly higher price than the original sale. I was pleased by that.

Two sales today from different ends of the price spectrum.

This one was a pleasant surprise -- multiple editorial use $$$

parked-1990s-yellow-ford-f250-pickup-truck-with-a-camper-in-vancouver-GT7X00.jpg

This one not so much -- a $ PU (image pack maybe)

The Lions peaks from Vancouver

the-lions-or-twin-sisters-mountain-peaks-in-the-north-shore-mountains-as-seen-from-vancouver-bc-canada-R63P3G.jpg
Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 1

Manchester, UK, 30th April, 2022. Train times information board, Piccadilly Railway Station, Manchester, UK. TransPennine Express is asking customers to plan carefully ahead of planned National Union of Rail, Maritime and Transport (RMT) strike action taking place on Saturday April 30 and Sunday May 1. The union says Network Rail intends to cut 2,500 maintenance jobs and that employees at many train firms are facing changes to their terms and conditions or what amounts to pay freezes when inflation is rising. Credit: Terry Waller/Alamy Live News. $. Sadly, still topical, though all sales of licences very welcome.

2J6C79W.jpg

• Like 1

On 14/07/2022 at 12:14, spacecadet said:

It's a descriptive caption.

Not a fan of red arrows personally (except the red Arrows) but you're off colour this time.

I was not being racist. Just making a point. Good bit of photography.

Allan

Greggs food shop and cafe High Street Lincoln City

greggs-food-shop-and-cafe-high-street-lincoln-city-2022-2HJP22C.jpg

Usage: Editorial, Editorial use on Websites, apps, social media and blogs Social Media
Media: Website, app and social media
Start: 15 July 2022
Duration: Unlimited

$

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

Usage: Marketing package, Use in a single marketing campaign, worldwide (excludes advertising). This package is for a marketing campaign for promoting a business.
Start: 15 July 2022
Duration: In perpetuity

Mid $$$

Saloma Bridge, Kuala Lumpur.

I knew all those nights I spent on that bridge would pay off eventually!

saloma-bridge-kuala-lumpur-2GBTJRB.jpg

• Love 8
  • Like 1

On 15/07/2022 at 10:03, Martyn said:

a car being repossessed and towed away in an urban uk street Stock Photo

Car repossession, UK

Another $2 sale ... twice, identical sales so one may be refunded ...

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Image Size: Any size
Start: 14 July 2022
Duration: In perpetuity Single use in online platforms, social channels and Editorial use in owned DOOH when used in an editorial context and in owned media.

I'm not the only one then that has recently licensed an image as in my case 3, 2 and 2 times at the same time with identical license terms. Never happened to me before.

• Like 1

On 15/07/2022 at 12:12, Stan Pritchard said:

This seems to be a common occurrence. I think it's penny-pinching buyers who think they can save a little, so they try this ploy.

I once had this happen;, a sale, then refunded, then resold for a slightly higher price than the original sale. I was pleased by that.

update: the photo sold again for 0.02$ less

Manchester, UK, 7th June, 2022. A North bound train arriving at Platform 14, Piccadilly Train Station, Manchester, England, United Kingdom, British Isles. The Rail, Maritime and Transport (RMT) union has told members to prepare to “shut down the rail system” with strikes planned on 21st, 23rd and 25th June, 2022. The RMT Union is protesting at job cuts and the lack of a pay offer. As UK inflation increases trade unions are asking for bigger pay settlements. Credit: Terry Waller/Alamy Live News. $.

2JBNXGA.jpg

Manchester, UK, 19th June, 2022. Little Amal, Syrian puppet girl and also a 3.5-metre, partly-animatronic, giant puppet. Performers and artists take part in the Manchester Day Parade, Manchester, England, United Kingdom. Organisers say: "Over 1,500 performers and artists from local communities bring Manchester city centre to life in a fantastic display of colour, sound and movement. An audience of more than 60,000 are wowed by the incredible day of amazing structures, vibrant costumes and pulsating music and dance". Credit: Terry Waller/Alamy Live News. $

2JD9F22.jpg

• Love 1

$$$

Country: Japan ; Usage: Editorial ; Media: Internal newsletter ; Print run: Unlimited ; Start: 01-June-2022 ; End: 01-June-2027 ;
Additional Details: Japan,Internal newsletter

That's a lot of dough for a newsletter, and there was one with the same particulars last month, so I'm not holding my breath.

the-pantheon-by-henry-flitcroft-c18-and-bristol-high-cross-stourhead-DBF059.jpg

Still, I'm worth it, right?😉

Edited by spacecadet
  • Love 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, spacecadet said:

$$$

Country: Japan ; Usage: Editorial ; Media: Internal newsletter ; Print run: Unlimited ; Start: 01-June-2022 ; End: 01-June-2027 ;
Additional Details: Japan,Internal newsletter

That's a lot of dough for a newsletter, and there was one with the same particulars last month, so I'm not holding my breath.

the-pantheon-by-henry-flitcroft-c18-and-bristol-high-cross-stourhead-DBF059.jpg

Still, I'm worth it, right?😉

Congrats, Direct sale or distributor?

Kumar

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Congrats, Direct sale or distributor?

Kumar

Thankyou, distro unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Robert M Estall said:

the best thing about this shot of Stourhead is that Mark managed to keep this on Alamy because it was from a public footpath rather than have it bullied off by National Trust

Yes, It's sold 3 or 4 times now. Alamy took this and others off when threatened by the NT, but put it back when I checked the RoW.

They didn't put them all back though.

Problem is, extraordinarily, I've seen a quote to the effect that NT don't accept that taking a photograph is a lawful use of a RoW, so they maintain that anyone who does is trespassing and subject to the byelaw. It's hogwash, of course, but they have the lawyers, and I fear that they will try to make an example of someone.

Unfortunately it won't wash with Tyntesfield.. They were gifted the whole estate so there are no public footpaths, so in a way they are perpetuating the git-orf-moy-land attitude of the former private owners.

Edited by spacecadet

On 16/07/2022 at 05:31, sb photos said:

I'm not the only one then that has recently licensed an image as in my case 3, 2 and 2 times at the same time with identical license terms. Never happened to me before.

Two repeat tiddlers this month have stuck -- same terms, invoiced on the same day. This isn't all that uncommon for me, though.

A bit of a mystery, I must say... 🤔