500 Internal Server Error

20 minutes ago, Tony ALS said:

Thanks for that wim.

First time I have seen my few unmentionable Stockimo images showing too.

Wonder if they (smo images) are going to be included in our ports on Alamy when it comes back on line.

Not that I need worry as I do not have any smo images with Alamy.

Allan

1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

Wonder if they (smo images) are going to be included in our ports on Alamy when it comes back on line.

Not that I need worry as I do not have any smo images with Alamy.

Allan

I don't expect them to show up as this is a different set. It's what Alamy uses to showcase a portfolio of particular interest.

They turn up in AoA from time to time when clients click on them from the front page or the categories page. Go to AoA and see for yourself how often that happens.

When I checked some years ago the max was 64 for one portfolio or collection I think.

As Alamy long ago noticed, around 5% of all clients seemed to use filters. Even less seem interested in all those bells and whistles.

wim

• Love 1

3 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Yes.

Try this in the Alamy search box: Ray Evans/f:pseudonym

wim

Thank you for that. I can see my photos which another agency has put on Alamy. I hadn't seen them before. None have sold that I know of, but it's good to know where one's material is. But it's irritating that I can't fix the caption changes the other agency has made, lol. 

Edited by zxzoomy
addition

1 hour ago, wiskerke said:

I don't expect them to show up as this is a different set. It's what Alamy uses to showcase a portfolio of particular interest.

They turn up in AoA from time to time when clients click on them from the front page or the categories page. Go to AoA and see for yourself how often that happens.

When I checked some years ago the max was 64 for one portfolio or collection I think.

As Alamy long ago noticed, around 5% of all clients seemed to use filters. Even less seem interested in all those bells and whistles.

wim

That link shows me Stockimo images and images taken with my RX100.... very few of my Nikon images in the first pages and not the wildlife that is what sells for me and is what I would want to showcase in my portfolio. I wonder how the order is chosen.

Paulette

They have asked us for our opinions, ideas about the Forum so you might want to write to contributors@alamy.com. I did and mentioned not being able to see the images and I do miss that feature. When it first came in, however, we lost quite a few valuable members of the Forum. They were afraid of copycats seeing their portfolios. So that is the other side of the issue.

Paulette

Got that myself tonight as well, fairly simple keyword search in 'All' worked OK but switching to Creative where it has to calculate the totals for our friends Ultimate, Vital, Uncut & Foundation seemed to do for it. After a couple of minutes of green dots it gave up the ghost altogether with the 504 Internal Server Error.

On 06/07/2022 at 14:56, NYCat said:

That link shows me Stockimo images and images taken with my RX100.... very few of my Nikon images in the first pages and not the wildlife that is what sells for me and is what I would want to showcase in my portfolio. I wonder how the order is chosen.

Paulette

Paulette, are you putting the whole thing that Wim suggested? When I put ed rooney/f:pseudonym in Alamy's search on the home page, I get all 9700 images of my port. 

• Love 1

49 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Paulette, are you putting the whole thing that Wim suggested? When I put ed rooney/f:pseudonym in Alamy's search on the home page, I get all 9700 images of my port. 

Sorry I wasn't clear. Yes, it shows all my images but instead of my latest submissions showing first the order is weird. The first pages are Stockimo and RX100 images and only a few taken with the Nikon. The Nikon images show up later. Most of my images are taken with the Nikon and pretty much all of my wildlife. They are my bread and butter. I prefer now to go to my Portfolio. Only the first page is curated and then the images show up with recently uploaded first..https://www.alamy.com/portfolio/paulette-sinclair  The Stockimo images don't show up at all.

Paulette

• Love 1

1 hour ago, NYCat said:

Sorry I wasn't clear. Yes, it shows all my images but instead of my latest submissions showing first the order is weird. The first pages are Stockimo and RX100 images and only a few taken with the Nikon. The Nikon images show up later. Most of my images are taken with the Nikon and pretty much all of my wildlife. They are my bread and butter. I prefer now to go to my Portfolio. Only the first page is curated and then the images show up with recently uploaded first..https://www.alamy.com/portfolio/paulette-sinclair  The Stockimo images don't show up at all.

Paulette

No idea if the order has any meaning at all.

If it has a meaning for some of us this is not good news, because it would mean it is the preferred order of the new algorithm (=just a combination of filters).

wim

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

No idea if the order has any meaning at all.

If it has a meaning for some of us this is not good news, because it would mean it is the preferred order of the new algorithm (=just a combination of filters).

wim

That's what I'm afraid of though I can't complain about where my images are appearing. Certainly the subjects (polar bears) where I get the most sales show up nicely on the first page.

Paulette

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

Thanks for the update, here's hoping the LU problem will soon be fixed also😉

Carol

Are you still seeing LU? I’ve just been checking my views over the past few days and none of them have the LU suffix.

1 hour ago, Dave Richards said:

Are you still seeing LU? I’ve just been checking my views over the past few days and none of them have the LU suffix.

I'm still seeing multiple LU, between 45 - 60% per page, and I opted out of Novel Use in April 2020. 

2 hours ago, sb photos said:

I'm still seeing multiple LU, between 45 - 60% per page, and I opted out of Novel Use in April 2020. 

3 hours ago, Dave Richards said:

My views show no LU’s since 14th July.

DT and PT suffixes are nothing to be concerned about.

The majority of mine are still showing LU, opted out of Novel Use 2019..

Carol

About half of mine are still showing "LU".

Like most others who get these, I am opted out of novelty use (as per alamy's response to the "LU" question back in 2018, when they said it meant "limited use" as part of novelty use, see thread below).

Perhaps they have enabled the "Limited Use" search for other, non novelty-use licenses? I tried to follow back when it first started appearing so commonly, and it seems that happened a few months ago. Went back on one of my pseudos to take a look, but can only go back one year it seems in terms of zooms/views, but it showed up only here and there back in 2021 searches for me.