Forum on its last legs?

geogphotos

Question

Interesting thread. 

I just check in once a month. Not enough income to warrant me spending any more time on stock now so naturally I have less interest in a forum that discusses stock. 

I still take photos but for my own pleasure and to test myself/give me something to do in retirement. I have systematically pulled out of all stock with Alamy being the last one for me, but I have been slowly pulling out (removing images) for the past year. The total income is simply not worth me complicating my tax return anymore. 

I have no hard feelings about PA/Alamy. The big feeding off the fry is the way of the world and they were/are at least one of the very last to to make it an all you can eat buffet.

A stock photo is a simple commodity and its average price reflects its value - as I always say, all you need is to buy a camera and have time on your hands and you are a "photographer", the bar for entry is so low that the price of the commodity now reflects that for now (I think it will go lower)

Edited by Panthera tigris

I will be sad if the forum is on it's last legs, been away for a short break so got a lot of catching up to do.  What I would have done without this forum heaven only knows.  So much useful information and help on here and I'm sure others feel the same.  Long may it continue......

Carol

• Love 1
  • Like 4