ID for 2 flower pics

I was wondering about the name of the flowers in these 2 pics I think one might be some sort of Willow but not sure of the other 

Any advice would be great

2J3DC1G.jpg

2J9D4CD.jpg

Hi Alexander.

You're right, they are Willow flowers, namely Pussy Willow (salix caprea), also known as Great Sallow or Goat Willow. The first shows the female flowers and the second the male flowers. They grow on separate trees.

Hope this helps.

Brian

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brizbee said:

You're right, they are Willow flowers, namely Pussy Willow (salix caprea), also known as Great Sallow or Goat Willow. The first shows the female flowers and the second the male flowers. They grow on separate trees.

Hope this helps.

Hi Brizbee

Yes it does help Much appreciated 

Thank you 

Sorry, not convinced by this ID. They look like 2 different willow species to me, the first appears to have a weeping habit, narrow leaves, yellow bark and long thin flowers, none of which are consistent with Goat Willow which has very rounded leaves. The second could be Goat Willow but I wouldn't be sure from this pic alone. Problem is there are so many Willow varieties including cultivars and hybrids. Any wider shots showing form or leaves would help. This is Goat Willow:

BR5E7C.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keith Burdett said:

Sorry, not convinced by this ID. They look like 2 different willow species to me, the first appears to have a weeping habit, narrow leaves, yellow bark and long thin flowers, none of which are consistent with Goat Willow which has very rounded leaves. The second could be Goat Willow but I wouldn't be sure from this pic alone. Problem is there are so many Willow varieties including cultivars and hybrids. Any wider shots showing form or leaves would help. This is Goat Willow:

Unfortunately I didn't take any wider shots and didn't realise there was so many different types of Willow varieties I don't think they would grow as big as this in the local park (Goat Willow) not that I've seen I just might delete them Appreciate the help 

Goat Willow can get large and unruly generally leading to collapse and resprouting from the fallen branches. Not so likely in a park setting, yours do look like cultivars. This is a veteran Goat Willow:

2B8WRYT.jpg

Nice shots though, I wouldn't delete just keep the keywording generic and maybe try and get some more info if they're local to you...

Cheers, Keith

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Keith Burdett said:

Goat Willow can get large and unruly generally leading to collapse and resprouting from the fallen branches. Not so likely in a park setting, yours do look like cultivars. This is a veteran Goat Willow:

2B8WRYT.jpg

Nice shots though, I wouldn't delete just keep the keywording generic and maybe try and get some more info if they're local to you...

Cheers, Keith

Thanks and appreciated I will try and get some more info and do some keywording to the best that I can