Alamy Measures gone for walkies again?

16 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Sadly everything is back to normal now. 🙃

A handful of zooms now showing but no sales reported for a week. However it is Friday the 13th.

Similar here, but it's still early in the month for me. I'd forgotten it was Friday the 13th yesterday. Not that I'm superstitious, but quite a few things went wrong yesterday. Our cat Bran had a trip to the vets and a blood test, thankfully we have pet plan. Illness unexplained after 3 days of being sick and cleaning up after him. My wife and I were meant to be leaving home early for a trip to Suffolk and 4 days away. Caught the late Friday afternoon traffic, caught in some bad traffic jams. Crap wifi at accommodation, though phone hot spot was good and large co-op supermarket only over the road for food. My wife volunteered to look after Bran while I was away, as I had two events to photograph. Also had to finish a reinstall on my smallest lightest laptop, all well there now. Had a 15" as backup, but didn't want to carry it miles. Hoping for sales in the coming weeks.

Edited by sb photos

My "Views" and "Zooms" are up. Well up on my usual figures.

Pity sales are not doing so good too.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell

On 12/05/2022 at 23:15, NYCat said:

Oh boy. I loved that show.... She didn't train the dogs she trained the people. And as the dogs looked happier and happier the people looked more and more submissive.

Paulette

Didn't they just? I wish someone had told me that anything could be achieved with a well timed treat. The number of hours I wasted needlessly saying sit and heal, etc!

• Love 1

On 14/05/2022 at 12:14, sb photos said:

Similar here, but it's still early in the month for me. I'd forgotten it was Friday the 13th yesterday. Not that I'm superstitious, but quite a few things went wrong yesterday. Our cat Bran had a trip to the vets and a blood test, thankfully we have pet plan. Illness unexplained after 3 days of being sick and cleaning up after him. My wife and I were meant to be leaving home early for a trip to Suffolk and 4 days away. Caught the late Friday afternoon traffic, caught in some bad traffic jams. Crap wifi at accommodation, though phone hot spot was good and large co-op supermarket only over the road for food. My wife volunteered to look after Bran while I was away, as I had two events to photograph. Also had to finish a reinstall on my smallest lightest laptop, all well there now. Had a 15" as backup, but didn't want to carry it miles. Hoping for sales in the coming weeks.

Hope Bran is feeling better now.

On 15/05/2022 at 23:06, Jansos said:

Didn't they just? I wish someone had told me that anything could be achieved with a well timed treat. The number of hours I wasted needlessly saying sit and heal, etc!

That is because you ought not to speak to your partner like that.🤨

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell

2 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Since my last post, Saturday, my views and zooms have increased again.

Allan

My views are up, my zooms at an unheard of 38 for the rolling month, the most ever. I hope a couple of them result in sales. One of the zooms is of an image that just recently sold. The one I wouldn’t post because of easy duplication! 😁

1 hour ago, Betty LaRue said:

My views are up, my zooms at an unheard of 38 for the rolling month, the most ever. I hope a couple of them result in sales. One of the zooms is of an image that just recently sold. The one I wouldn’t post because of easy duplication! 😁

I see you have 6714 images in your port and I have 5882 in mine.  It could be there is a break point at or around 6000 where our ports are seen more.

Allan

1 hour ago, Betty LaRue said:

I had a sale recently which only has two images on Alamy. Both mine.

Allan

1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

I had a sale recently which only has two images on Alamy. Both mine.

Allan

Just had a couple, of the only group of images I don't report on. Only presentation. Mine are no longer the only examples, but they're still the best, probably;)

And yesterday I discovered I also have an almost Alamywhack in the food line.. But only if you search in French.

10 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

I see you have 6714 images in your port and I have 5882 in mine.  It could be there is a break point at or around 6000 where our ports are seen more.

Allan

Allan, I’ve sat there with no image uploads in 5 months, due to health. It just suddenly took off the past two months. Nothing particularly good happened after rolling over to 6000. Just samo, samo. I’m about ready to work on a few images, but I’m not ready to sit at the computer for very long, yet. Maybe I can churn out 2 or 3. Ha!

Minutes