How was your January 2022?

14 sales for $312. Lowest amount of sales for 10 months, revenue about average.

Highest sale $150 (best for a good while).

Lowest sale $0.88. (or -$2.32 if "other fees" affiliate charge taken into account).

Views and zooms picking up slowly.

John.

Edited by Stokie
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

In November I got a record number of sales.
In December I got the same number.
In January that number very nearly doubled - but getting only 70% of the money.
That's what happens when nearly half your sales are for under $2.

Edited by Phil Robinson

A BME busting 25 sales with previous best being 18 which I haven't even came close to in a long time. 

$424 gross = £126 nett isn't great TBH.

So sales are up at the expense of pricing and commission. A true double whammy.    

• Love 2
  • Like 1

averagish licence number. average $23.

what is getting to me is:

7 usages seen during the month (highest for me), ZERO reported to date, so i have to continue doing Alamy's job tracking. 

AND

a clear fraudulent usage last summer which i had to find, pressure them to go after (why did we give up 20% for the infringement team?).  on January 13 Alamy reported  they had received payment and that "the commission (sic!) will be added to your next commission statement (double sic!).". still nothing.  So 3 weeks after receiving money, Alamy still sits on it.... 

losing steam.  

• Thanks 1

Only 14 sales for me, for a net of $136 (I've stopped tracking gross).  That's $9.71/download.

Compared to December with 103 sales for $189, that came to $1.83/ download.  I hope we don't see so many 4 cent sales again.

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, Reimar said:

a net of $136 (I've stopped tracking gross). 

This does unfortunately mean that your sales can't be directly compared with ours, because there are at least 3 different commission rates, one of which (affiliate) may be applied in a subsequent month.

By my reckoning your gross could be anything from $340 to $579.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

This does unfortunately mean that your sales can't be directly compared with ours, because there are at least 3 different commission rates, one of which (affiliate) may be applied in a subsequent month.

Where you live and what you shoot has a bearing on your gross so just comparing gross isn't accurate either. At the end of the day all that matters is your bottom line in your own currency. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sultanpepa said:

Where you live and what you shoot has a bearing on your gross so just comparing gross isn't accurate either. At the end of the day all that matters is your bottom line in your own currency. 

That's all that matters to us, and for a long time I only quoted net.

However, now I quote both, to track how I'm comparing with the oft-quopted $30 gross average. It's interesting to see how others are faring relative to that nominal average.

2 hours ago, spacecadet said:

As Douglas says, net in my pocket counts for me.  Everywhere else reports net.

Plus, I'm thinking it is precisely a gross amount that is not comparable between people because of 3 different commission rates.  Those late net affiliate fees are hard to figure either way, and are rather small so far.

• Like 2

46 sales/licences for $606 gross. My highest number of sales on Alamy, to date. Sadly, quite a few tiddlers. Average 0.52 ish CTR, zooms 53.
IMO, if Alamy can successfully grow its market (albeit with lower priced sales and mostly at our expense) with a view to clawing back some of the revenue it has lost to competitors, it might just work; with the proviso that they can hold on to those customers who are now paying diddly squit for pics!

• Like 2

I'm only small fry with 500 images on sale but 2 sales for $125.95 total, one being for 0.95 so glad to get the second one in. I consider I do quite well for such a small collection that hasn't been updated in quite some time, I am considering contributing again until the wind gets knocked out of my sails again.

• Love 4
  • Like 1