January 2022 Challenge "On a Walk"

Bognor Regis Seafront and beach with lone walker

bognor-regis-seafront-and-beach-with-lonely-walker-in-black-and-white-FRF382.jpg

Lady with dog on shoulder - (Pity Alamy logo obliterating lady's face)

lady-with-dog-on-shoulder-W5A1AJ.jpg

School children crocodile walking back to school from outing

school-children-crocodile-walking-back-to-school-from-outing-milton-2019-TAAJ3Y.jpg

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell

Here come my three images:

Winding path through the vineyards near Sopron, Hungary
people-walking-on-a-winding-road-on-the-

Family walking under flowering wild cherry tree in the forest.

family-of-mother-father-and-child-walkin

People walking in a public garden (park) in autumn in Sopron, Hungary

autumn-scenery-in-park-with-people-walki

Hi. Michael - congrats on your win, and good topic! Here are my three:

three-young-monks-seen-from-the-back-walking-along-the-road-to-mandalay-EGN594.jpg

1. Three young novice monks walking along the road to Mandalay, Bagan, Myanmar

namibia-tourism-tourists-walking-along-the-crest-of-a-sand-dune-big-daddy-dune-in-the-background-sossusvlei-namib-desert-namibia-africa-PY8W2C.jpg

2. Tourists walking along the crest of a sand dune in Sossuvlei, Namibia. "Big Daddy" sand dune in the back ground

barcelona-street-scene-local-woman-looking-at-unusual-shop-mannequin-EY2T71.jpg

3. A woman taking her dog for a walk, past an unusual shop  mannequin, Barcelona, Spain

Kumar

• Love 4

Congratulations Michael.

Here are my three

1. Couple walking through a lime tree tunnel outside Christchurch Priory UK

2HE7M7G.jpg

2. Two guys walking on Avon Beach in winter, Christchurch UK

2H72ANB.jpg

3. Silhouette of two people walking on the shingle spit from Hurst Castle to Keyhaven UK

2FMY1MG.jpg

• Love 1

14 hours ago, cbimages said:

A Spur Winged Plover walking in shallow water

😀

One of my goose pix has a bird looking oh-so-carefully before he steps onto the road. Not the one I chose for the challenge though.

The middle one of the Toulouse geese right on the kerb. Just noticed he seems to have two heads- line-of-sight illusion.

H3EB5W.jpg

Edited by spacecadet

My three: 

A Giantess (how the Indigenous Nicaraguans saw the Spanish women) walking away from a street performance:

2HHKKPD.jpg

Tourists walking into Teotihuacan's Avenue of the Dead.  There was a stray foot between the legs of the man in tan pants.  Learned how to do Context Aware Fill for this one.

2HHKK75.jpg

Old woman walking with help here in Jinotega. 

2HGFGM1.jpg

Edited by Rebecca Ore
change size

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/CW2AB6/cordoba-roman-bridge-women-going-to-the-may-feria-festival-dressed-CW2AB6.jpg

Cordoba Feria. Girls going to the party.

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/TT23N0/linz-nibelungen-bridge-across-the-river-danube-with-students-river-cruise-boats-and-arcotel-nike-nibelungenbrcke-linz-sterreich-austria-TT23N0.jpg

Just learned of the expression Crocodile Walk here. I guess that's what we see here. The Danube in Linz.

Not sure clients understand this use of crocodile. Maybe it's a regional expression?

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/F1FEDW/utrecht-rainbow-pedestrian-crossing-with-miffy-traffic-lightscyclists-F1FEDW.jpg

Utrecht, rainbow crossing.

wim

• Love 1

Hi All!  Thanks for the wonderful submissions.  I will do my best to get the finalists down to 8 today and get the voting going.  I have a couple of assignment shoots today so I have to take of biz first.  Picking the finalists is the toughest park of this whole process.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Okay well, I need more time.  Today was a long day of shooting, including a magazine cover shoot.  I will have time tomorrow morning to get the vote going.  I did narrow it down to 20 photos but my brain hurts.  Need to take a step back and see how I can get it down to 8.  I have actually asked an magazine art director friend for her opinion on these twenty.  What she says will only be an opinion, I will make the final choices....but nice to get another set of eyes on these very nice photos, who has no dog in the race.

• Love 2
  • Like 1