Why did three of my images sell for .15??

Mark Andrew Thomas

Question

I just noticed that three of my images sold as Royalty Free images for .15 from somewhere in China. How is this even possible? Even at the size they were purchased the price was 147 pounds. I've emailed support but was wondering if anybody had any experience with this. This is absolutely ridiculous, I'm not in the business of giving my images away. 

Mark

10 answers to this question

There is a long discussion of this very issue, which first cropped up between Christmas and New Year, and which has impacted quite a number of contributors in this thread.

Alamy have locked that thread. I don't know of any place where Alamy has provided any explanation of these low value sales.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Joseph Clemson said:

Alamy have locked that thread. I don't know of any place where Alamy has provided any explanation of these low value sales.

Which is disgraceful behaviour! Come on alamy an explanation of this is well overdue!

Phil

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joseph Clemson said:

There is a long discussion of this very issue, which first cropped up between Christmas and New Year, and which has impacted quite a number of contributors in this thread.

not only have the locked the thread, they moved it under "Suggestion", so i guess they are now accepting suggestions from clients in the Contributor forum. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sultanpepa said:

Quite simply Alamy now owned by PA do not want to sell your images for more. They'd rather set the company up as a discount store similar to £land and take 80% of your earnings.

actually, these being Distributor sales, when this year's batch goes through on December 30-ish (as speculated 😉), it will be 88% commission that Contributors will be paying.

Here I was about to complain/laugh ruefully at making a $1 sale!   I didn't realise I was actually doing so well.  

I'm seriously thinking of ditching Alamy.  They obviously place no value on their content or their contributors.    They don't deserve my photographs.  

• Like 3