Dashboard not updating?

14 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

it would be interesting to test if Live News images still appear in the "New" tab of the regular search in the interim period. 

Test subject: 'Nord Stream 2', dated 7 Jan. Image ref 2HDTGY6. Try that tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

it would be interesting to test if Live News images still appear in the "New" tab of the regular search in the interim period. 

I can confirm that my live news images from today are live under the "New" tab, but my sales from Friday don't appear on the dashboard.

I don’t know how much of an impact this ha

34 minutes ago, Ognyan Yosifov said:

I can confirm that my live news images from today are live under the "New" tab, but my sales from Friday don't appear on the dashboard.

I don’t know how much of an impact this has but it appears that Live News images go into a black hole for a period until the system updates. I have images uploaded to Live News on Thursday January 6th which ought to be in stock today but are invisible such as 2HDEPW6

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Sally said:

I don’t know how much of an impact this has but it appears that Live News images go into a black hole for a period until the system updates. I have images uploaded to Live News on Thursday January 6th which ought to be in stock today but are invisible such as 2HDEPW6

Probably it's a system update issue. I've never experienced this before like sales not to appear on the dashboard on the next day, no matter if it's on a weekday or on the weekend.

I don't do live news on a regular basis, so I don't know about it. What I can see on my dashboard is "last updated on 7 Jan 2022" ...

7 minutes ago, Ognyan Yosifov said:

Probably it's a system update issue. I've never experienced this before like sales not to appear on the dashboard on the next day, no matter if it's on a weekday or on the weekend.

I don't do live news on a regular basis, so I don't know about it. What I can see on my dashboard is "last updated on 7 Jan 2022" ...

Same for mine: Last updated on 07 Jan 2022, Friday.  But that update didn't bring the first set of 20 photos into the database.

12 hours ago, Sally said:

It's worse than I thought. Live News images uploaded on Wednesday last week are still not searchable.

14 hours ago, Avpics said:

Test subject: 'Nord Stream 2', dated 7 Jan. Image ref 2HDTGY6. Try that tomorrow.

It's gone. MIA. AWOL. No movement on the database which is now four days out of date.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Sally said:

It's worse than I thought. Live News images uploaded on Wednesday last week are still not searchable.

I uploaded image 2HDH3X5 as stock on Thursday evening, which is my final image now on sale. Assuming the database update occurred around midnight Thursday night then everything since is in limbo. Live News as far back as Tuesday may be missing now after leaving the news feed.

Surprised Alamy haven't responded to this thread. A general issue obviously so it would be good to hear when to expect updates to happen.

I'm already in no hurry to add QC accepted images since the change of terms.

This situation is hardly encouraging.

4 minutes ago, Tony ALS said:

Surprised Alamy haven't responded to this thread. A general issue obviously so it would be good to hear when to expect updates to happen.

I'm already in no hurry to add QC accepted images since the change of terms.

This situation is hardly encouraging.

Surprised? 

C'mon, you are a dreamer!😏

Edited by Ognyan Yosifov

13 minutes ago, Ognyan Yosifov said:

Surprised? 

C'mon, you are a dreamer!😏

i think that is unfair.  They have been diligent at responding, closing threads and moving them around recently.  I would have expected a 

"Thanks for posting, we are now aware of the issue, our IT team is looking into it".   

Edited by meanderingemu
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Tony ALS said:

As Jean-Francois replied, Alamy have been good with contact on these threads recently.

Selective memory perhaps?

i can understand people thinking they are too reactive and not proactive enough on the communications, and i have my issues with the frequency in closing threads-but i understand how quickly things turn nowadays so this is their business decision,  but I have always found Alamy to be decent at interacting with these type of issues.  We need to remember currently plenty of businesses worldwide are facing high level of staffing disruptions. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, meanderingemu said:

i can understand people thinking they are too reactive and not proactive enough on the communications, and i have my issues with the frequency in closing threads-but i understand how quickly things turn nowadays so this is their business decision,  but I have always found Alamy to be decent at interacting with these type of issues.  We need to remember currently plenty of businesses worldwide are facing high level of staffing disruptions. 

Exactly!

10 minutes ago, Broad Norfolk said:

Just received advice that my latest submission had passed QC and then went to my dashboard and all has been updated.

Jim.

Same for me for the first 20 submitted last week.  40 still in QC, but that's not unexpected since those were submitted late last week and at least one batch of 20 yesterday. 

11 minutes ago, Broad Norfolk said:

.... went to my dashboard and all has been updated.

Jim.

The dashboard is a useful source of information but is of little consequence. The database is still way behind and will be impacting many contributor's sales, and taking Alamy as a whole will be causing much loss of money.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Avpics said:

The dashboard is a useful source of information but is of little consequence. The database is still way behind and will be impacting many contributor's sales, and taking Alamy as a whole will be causing much loss of money.

to be honest the Dashboard being updated now should be viewed in a negative angle, as it makes no sense that of all the things experiencing issues, this was the one to focus energy on.  Next we will be told the have finished the work on Zooms before working on making sure images are for sale in a timely matter. 

7 hours ago, Broad Norfolk said:

Just received advice that my latest submission had passed QC and then went to my dashboard and all has been updated.

Jim.

Yup, mine is now up-to-date! 🙂