what do you think about the new home page ?

Interesting article on colour choice for websites here.

The green buttons certainly do have good "symbolicity" (e.g. green means "go", eco-awareness, etc.). Also, they do grab attention, but apparently not in a positive way for some people. Perhaps it's worth noting that most forum members appear to live in northern climes, so we're used to more subdued colours. People in tropical areas where vibrant hues predominate might react quite differently to bright green. There may be cultural differences as well. For instance, forum members in the US don't seem as put off as those in the UK by "loud" green. We Canucks seem stuck in middle as usual.

Just sayin'... 😎

Keel-billed toucan (Ramphastos sulfuratus) at the Macaw Mountain Bird Park, Copan, Honduras - Stock Image

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I also live in Vancouver; I do not mind the green. Maybe that's because we have a lot of it surrounding us here on the "wet" coast. I quite like the alamy font and watermark. The "OWNTHEBLANKPAGE" offensively kerned font elicits a revulsion reaction from me. Years of graphic design work makes it almost cause a rash; it is hideous! Aside from that, given that the bulk of sales seem to be editorial, it seems that our images are used to fill in pages that already have type, Therefore, this catchline appears a tad ludicrous, and entirely misses the point of Alamy's most common target. If it results in sales at a higher price point, great. However, nature and wildlife photography seems to have fallen off Alamy's radar. Given that museums and aquariums etc. are reopening, one would think that things would pick up; alas not. Most searches have humans (albeit politicians and celebrities) in them. That does not bode well for those of us that photograph animals, landscape and nature.

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, mwakeling said:

I also live in Vancouver; I do not mind the green. Maybe that's because we have a lot of it surrounding us here on the "wet" coast. I quite like the alamy font and watermark. The "OWNTHEBLANKPAGE" offensively kerned font elicits a revulsion reaction from me. Years of graphic design work makes it almost cause a rash; it is hideous! Aside from that, given that the bulk of sales seem to be editorial, it seems that our images are used to fill in pages that already have type, Therefore, this catchline appears a tad ludicrous, and entirely misses the point of Alamy's most common target. If it results in sales at a higher price point, great. However, nature and wildlife photography seems to have fallen off Alamy's radar. Given that museums and aquariums etc. are reopening, one would think that things would pick up; alas not. Most searches have humans (albeit politicians and celebrities) in them. That does not bode well for those of us that photograph animals, landscape and nature.

You have some very nice images of local wildlife, nature, etc. It has become a highly competitive area, as you know. Best of luck.

The bright green buttons are fine with me as long as they work. Time will tell... 🌳