what do you think about the new home page ?

2 minutes ago, Matt Ashmore said:

Yes.. they broke that from the main homepage.. but you can still get it to work. From the homepage, just do some random search (e.g. London). When you get the results of the search, you are back to the interface we know and can then search by contributor under 'Advanced Search' and blank out the keywords you searched for in the first place (i.e. remove 'London' in the main search field)

Yes this workaround works but why o why do we have to go through more workarounds?

2 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

I'll repeat again (just once more), I see no green anywhere. I also see nothing (I understand) to get upset about. For me, this is yet another digital puzzel, "perfect" for a rainy day in Liverpool. 

what colour does your "submit reply" button, and the New Font "a" in the tab name appear in your browser?   (actually the green is convenient to find tab as i usually have 8-10 going) 

1 minute ago, Ed Rooney said:

I'll repeat again (just once more), I see no green anywhere. I also see nothing (I understand) to get upset about. For me, this is yet another digital puzzel, "perfect" for a rainy day in Liverpool. 

Button colour. At the bottom right here I see a submit reply button with a horrendous luminous green background colour. It will be a site wide design thing. I am Irish and my favourite colour if I really had to choose one is royal blue. 

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, gvallee said:

Yes this workaround works but why o why do we have to go through more workarounds?

I guess this functionality is aimed at customers looking for images to buy, not contributors checking to see if their newest images have made it 'live'. But at the same time, the old way worked before and didn't exactly cause the customers a lot of 'pain'. I would guess 99% of the time, customers would type some keywords into the search field... maybe alamy (small 'A' 🙂 ) know different...

Edited by Matt Ashmore
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jon Lewis said:

Well what a dogs breakfast this is, fonts spacing k er n in g colour🤢 its all over the place confusing and not what a CUSTOMER wants to see when they are buying images .

Have to agree. It looks like somebody was given their first DTP app and let loose to experiment. It is really surprising given how important design is in selling graphic material. 

Edited by MDM
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, MDM said:

Have to agree. It looks like somebody was given their first DTP app and let loose to experiment. It is really surprising given how important design is in selling graphic material. 

When you have 20 tabs open in your Chrome browser (like I normally do), the Alamy tabs certainly stand out now though!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Matt Ashmore said:

I guess this functionality is aimed at customers looking for images to buy, not contributors checking to see if their newest images have made it 'live'. But at the same time, the old way it worked before didn't exactly cause the customers a lot of 'pain'. I would guess 99% of the time, they would type some keywords into the search field... maybe alamy (small 'A' 🙂 ) know different...

exactly, the issue is not the change, the issue is developing functionality for contributors, which doesn't seem a priority.  For example still waiting for improvement to AIM to search all images where i forgot to add additional info, combined searches that feature words and checklist items etc. 

I'm wondering, with the new revamped site, is Alamy measures fully up to speed now also? 

And I'm all for change and positive ideas and designs, but have to agree that the green type is too in your face and distracting, I get the 'Go' for green, it just to fluorescent  

for me and needs toning down somewhat.

• Love 1

I've also watched the new video. They have clearly revamped to appeal to a young, global audience and that must be a good thing, I'd even say that if I felt entirely comfortable with it they would probably have failed, I wish them well. I wonder if they will go on to improve the old stuff as well, the ridiculous 'Browse by Category' is still there but now just a link at the bottom of the page rather than a main part of the home page, presumably all the blog pages are still the same. Hopefully they will also move on to create an AIM Mk2.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alamy said:

Hi gvallee,

Just quickly on this, previously you could search with no keywords, this would give you a blank search page. Now you can't search without a keyword. To do what you are asking, you will have to perform a keyword search, then once on a search page delete the keywords from search bar and enter the contributor name in advance search filter. You should then see your entire potfolio. 

You can also share and promote your images on Alamy with your Alamy portfolio page - you'll find this on your contributor dashboard. 

Best

Corin 

Previously if I entered my name on the search page I had all my 70 odd thousand images appear. I’ve just done what you suggest Corin. Added a keyword, deleted it and then added my contributor name in advance search filter. I then only get 48,000 or so images appearing

1 hour ago, meanderingemu said:

what colour does your "submit reply" button, and the New Font "a" in the tab name appear in your browser?   (actually the green is convenient to find tab as i usually have 8-10 going) 

That little button? My goodness — is that what most of you are complaining about? 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Malcolm Park said:

Previously if I entered my name on the search page I had all my 70 odd thousand images appear. I’ve just done what you suggest Corin. Added a keyword, deleted it and then added my contributor name in advance search filter. I then only get 48,000 or so images appearing

This is strange, I get all of mine bar my other pseudonym, but this is normal. 

25 minutes ago, Malcolm Park said:

Hi Malcom, 

This shouldn't be happening, I've just tested this at my end and it shows 74,922 images - https://bit.ly/3DRcUrx 

If you're still unable to find them, email contributors@alamy.com with screenshots and our team can look into it. 

Best

Corin 

• Like 4

Not keen on the title but apart from that the words are far too close together, it almost looks like one long word.  Guess I would get used to the green but not to my liking, it's quite bright also when I done an image search a cow hanging in the air was very distracting right through the centre of the page with crop boxes😕. Also noticing green here on the forum...

Carol

24 minutes ago, Alamy said:

Hi Malcom, 

This shouldn't be happening, I've just tested this at my end and it shows 74,922 images - https://bit.ly/3DRcUrx 

If you're still unable to find them, email contributors@alamy.com with screenshots and our team can look into it. 

Best

Corin 

Thanks Corin, will do (I’m only getting 46,376 images showing).

The green; well I get the idea of having a bold call to action button / link hover colour, this particular green....well maybe it will be one of those things that grows on you?

My take is more on the bold statements;

"Don't start with the same content as everyone else, find the unexpected and unique" - well its fine words but surely this bold claim stood up more when Alamy actually had a commission structure that encouraged exclusive submissions? The opposite is now the case, there is no incentive to be exclusive and falling license fees encourage content to be spread around everywhere. Alamy's unexpected and unique offering is only diluted by their recent actions. Branding doesn't change that, and buyers will know it.

"

"Make your budget go further

Save up to 30% on content packs and get more creative firepower."

Well this is what leads to $1.02 gross license fees.

Enough said.

• Like 5

I love it! It brings some energy to a stock photo site. For the past decade, the only claim most suppliers have made is "we've got everything." What's best for me is the praise it has for us - the contributors. The message seems to be that we're doing something worth checking out. 

• Love 1
  • Like 4