what do you think about the new home page ?

Just now, Ed Rooney said:

Green? I'm seeing tan. Anyway, I'm Irish. Green is my favourite colour. 

Yeah, me too! But there's a hell of a lot of shades of green to choose from!

They just choose one of the most nauseous🤮

Phil

1 hour ago, gvallee said:

Is it me... or.. ? Previously, clicking on the loupe next to the search field was taking us to a screen with 'Advanced Search' where we were able to input a contributor's name. This is no longer possible, we have to input a keyword first which takes us to the results page. Then we have Advanced Search, but it means we can't see the contributor's complete portfolio as a filter keyword is needed?

Hi gvallee,

Just quickly on this, previously you could search with no keywords, this would give you a blank search page. Now you can't search without a keyword. To do what you are asking, you will have to perform a keyword search, then once on a search page delete the keywords from search bar and enter the contributor name in advance search filter. You should then see your entire potfolio. 

You can also share and promote your images on Alamy with your Alamy portfolio page - you'll find this on your contributor dashboard. 

Best

Corin 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spacecadet said:

😀No getting away from it though- the buttons are all that colour. So is my bookmark avatar now.

Black and garish green, looks kind of 90s retro. Guess it stands out if everyone else is using subtle tasteful colours....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve F said:

Black and garish green, looks kind of 90s retro. Guess it stands out if everyone else is using subtle tasteful colours....

Well said - greenie for you!

I have discovered what the problem is.

If you click on the hamburger dropdown top right, use the magnifying glass to do a search. you get no results. click on the ' Alamy' home button, you get a different home page and the search returns no results.

17 minutes ago, Alamy said:

Hi gvallee,

Just quickly on this, previously you could search with no keywords, this would give you a blank search page. Now you can't search without a keyword. To do what you are asking, you will have to perform a keyword search, then once on a search page delete the keywords from search bar and enter the contributor name in advance search filter. You should then see your entire potfolio. 

You can also share and promote your images on Alamy with your Alamy portfolio page - you'll find this on your contributor dashboard. 

Best

Corin 

Thank you Corin. I tested it and it worked. Not really intuitive is it? Who's going to know that? I'm thinking of us contributors not photo buyers. It was so straight forward before. I'm aware of My Portfolio, I don't intend to promote my images, the advanced search is (was) just an easy way for me to see my entire portfolio. Thank for chipping in anyway.

Edited by gvallee

1 minute ago, Ed Rooney said:

Clicking on the number here next to Images still brings up our portfolios.

And I'm still wondering where this green is that everyone hates; I see no green. ???

Ed, the Alamy logo is either green with a black 'a' or black with a white 'a'. And the Forum 'reply' buttons are green. And the banner on the home page near the bottom that says 273mil images is GREEN

3 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Clicking on the number here next to Images still brings up our portfolios.

Yes but then, I have to go the forum, find a thread where I participated, then click on the blue number. 

Before, it was Advanced Search, my name, done.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Green? I'm seeing tan. Anyway, I'm Irish. Green is my favourite colour. 

AND WHO SAID "GREEN" WAS TRENDING NOW?

Allan

7 minutes ago, gvallee said:

Yes but then, I have to go the forum, find a thread where I participated, then click on the blue number. 

Before, it was Advanced Search, my name, done.

Save it as a bookmark - problem sorted

• Like 2

I've had a job recreating this no results problem but finally figured it out.

The problem stems from the blog posts. i.e meet the creators or the guide to buying stock photos.

Go to one of those and the 'hamburger ' menu appears top right. Doing a search from there vie the magnifying glass produces no results. 

If you then click on 'Alamy' trying to get back to the home page you get a different home page and again the search produces no results.

• Like 1

Agree with Meanderingemu, the video is quite good, so long as lots of the right people get to see it. . And Alamy does need to increase/improve it's advertising given the competition. And I guess the green is "eyecatching" even if not necessarily in a good way...

Frankly I feel to me it's acceptable so long as it achieves it's purpose - ie. increase sales.

Let's just hope the search engine survives any changes intact. That's the much more important result of these changes for me.

Kumar

• Like 2

Strange that this arrives on the same day that my bank have altered their web pages to something I do not like.

IF IT AIN"T BROKE DON"T FIX IT!

Allan

• Love 1

2 hours ago, gvallee said:

Is it me... or.. ? Previously, clicking on the loupe next to the search field was taking us to a screen with 'Advanced Search' where we were able to input a contributor's name. This is no longer possible, we have to input a keyword first which takes us to the results page. Then we have Advanced Search, but it means we can't see the contributor's complete portfolio as a filter keyword is needed?

Yes.. they broke that from the main homepage.. but you can still get it to work. From the homepage, just do some random search (e.g. London). When you get the results of the search, you are back to the interface we know and can then search by contributor under 'Advanced Search' and blank out the keywords you searched for in the first place (i.e. remove 'London' in the main search field)

Well what a dogs breakfast this is, fonts spacing k er n in g colour🤢 its all over the place confusing and not what a CUSTOMER wants to see when they are buying images .

Save the BLING for advertising .

It's a no from me Simon.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ReeRay said:

Save it as a bookmark - problem sorted

Thank you, yes this is one way to do it. It really is not a show stopper but it seems that each time Alamy changes something, we lose a bit of functionality. When AIM came up, we lost the ability to sort the results by New in the search tab. I use to select for example 'blue sky' to make sure I didn't miss any in my recent uploads. Now I can't. No way I'm going to go through my 22,000+ images. Again, I won't lose any sleep on it but just saying...

• Love 1