CTR

Alexander Hog

Question

I know some have said there CTR hasn't changed much but noticed my own has dropped from 0.59 o 0.23 which is quite a big drop and getting really worried about it and have uploaded nearly 400 images since August 4th I do understand there is site maintenance going on for the next 3 months and wondered if this will affect what is going on Any advice will be welcome  

13 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, Alexander Hog said:

I know some have said there CTR hasn't changed much but noticed my own has dropped from 0.59 o 0.23 which is quite a big drop and getting really worried about it and have uploaded nearly 400 images since August 4th I do understand there is site maintenance going on for the next 3 months and wondered if this will affect what is going on Any advice will be welcome  

Mine is plunging also, and yes, I do believe it is partly if not completely attributed to Alamy telling us all of our zooms wouldn’t show up. That is only my opinion, for whatever it’s worth.

Just ride it out until the fix is complete, then maybe we’ll know more.

Right now, I don’t know if the zooms we’re not seeing will be put back in place or if they will be lost forever to us.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

My zooms and CTR have been declining recently. However, sales are holding up thanks to older, repeat-sellers, which for some reason seldom get zoomed before being licensed anyway. My CTR used to be steady as a rock. Now it goes up and down like a yo-yo. 🪀

Just been worried about it with being new Don't want to go down to 20 percent if it can be helped Have seen other reports on this with similar views to yourself 

5 minutes ago, Alexander Hog said:

Just been worried about it with being new Don't want to go down to 20 percent if it can be helped Have seen other reports on this with similar views to yourself 

I've seem my CTR graph dive to really low levels -- below 0.20 even -- and then pop right back up again a couple of weeks (or even less time) later. Sometimes all it takes is a few zooms, or so it appears. Wouldn't be too concerned about it.

11 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

I've seem my CTR graph dive to really low levels -- below 0.20 even -- and then pop right back up again a couple of weeks (or even less time) later. Sometimes all it takes is a few zooms, or so it appears. Wouldn't be too concerned about it.

Thanks appreciate it 

I wouldn't worry about it. My CTR is finally a bit more stable with over 3000 images, but it still yoyo's between months. For a smaller collectection, I would expect it to be all over the place anyway, even without the maintenance being carried out. And as other contributors have said, CTR often doesn't tie in with actual sales.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Steve F said:

wouldn't worry about it. My CTR is finally a bit more stable with over 3000 images, but it still yoyo's between months. For a smaller collectection, I would expect it to be all over the place anyway, even without the maintenance being carried out. And as other contributors have said, CTR often doesn't tie in with actual sales.

Thanks Steve I worry too much sometimes 

My CTR, zooms and sales seem to be improving since PA came into the picture. I only say "seems" because it is early days yet and PA may have nothing to do with it.

Allan