13 hours ago, gvallee said:

Thank you Mark. How can one not miss Oz? If you'd like to see more photos, you can send me a friend request on FB. I post very regularly, not all images go to Alamy, far from it. I can't keep up with Alamy!

Sorry to reply in the open forum here but not sure how to reach you via this site.  I looked on FB under your screen name here but couldn't find you.  I did find, however, the group for Grey Nomads which I love.  Being nomadic, or peripatetic, really opens one up to opportunities for off-the-beaten path photos.  MarkMark

12 hours ago, Marianne said:

Buyers don't need to stick to the terms of the contract - only contributors do.

Buyers don't pay and Alamy decides it's not worth pursuing.

Buyers pay for a personal use license and then put the photo up on their website and Alamy ignores the breach.

Buyers want a refund beyond 30 days, that's OK with Alamy.

RM images get licensed in perpetuity for $ fees. 

Buyers want to print an image cheaply to hang on their walls rather than pay the artist for a fine art print. The photographer has marked the image RM and exclusive to Alamy, losing out on commissions elsewhere to insure that those wanting fine art prints of her work buy them from her. Alamy gets around this by selling them a super high resolution RM file for presentation use, when PU is disallowed, so they can cheat the photographer. (They bought two other images the same day to make prints, so the cheating is pretty obvious, but how do I prove they have the third hanging in their home or office?  I can't - but Alamy gave them an easy way to cheat me.) 

Only the contributors have to stick to letter of the contract. 

Most recently, I had an $85 license from 2020 which had cleared and already been paid to me, refunded out of the blue 5 months later, clearly in breach of the terms of the contract which states refunds are only permissible within a 30-day window. If Alamy wants to let clients off the hook, why should I have to lose my commission when I didn't agree to this largesse on their part? Shouldn't they stick with their obligation to me, that once a buyer's invoice has gone past 30 days, there are no "backsies" and I'm entitled to keep the commission they have actually already paid?

Glad they are dealing with the rebilling issue at least. But I have really lost faith in being treated fairly. The folks I've dealt with at Alamy are always polite, but the holes in the system that let all this get past them are vast. 

Thank you for your post.  I have actually become afraid to speak my mind on here due to their new policy of blacklisting people.  They had the ability to enact a system to stop people from speaking up on here but they haven't had the time to refund the "20" people who were cheated by having a sale before the contract change, having them refunded and charged again for them but with the only change being the commission taken out.  The reason for replying to this is that in your last line you said the "holes in the system that let all this get past them are vast". 

I have been here since 2016 and you since 2010.  You and many of us know that many of the issues you and others have pointed out are NOT new.  It would be very difficult to think they aren't aware of the 'holes' which are 'holes' to us but potential areas of profit for them.  The refund issue, with refunds over a year after the sales, is an issue that has been going on for many years.  Again, they must be aware of all of these issues that have been identified on the forum for years thus not filling them is more purposeful than an oversight. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
7 hours ago, MarkK said:

Sorry to reply in the open forum here but not sure how to reach you via this site.  I looked on FB under your screen name here but couldn't find you.  I did find, however, the group for Grey Nomads which I love.  Being nomadic, or peripatetic, really opens one up to opportunities for off-the-beaten path photos.  MarkMark

My FB name is Genevieve Vallee. I'm also a member of Grey Nomads.

Hi everyone, 

This process is still ongoing and is taking a little longer than originally hoped. Sadly, it's not as simple as just refuding and rebilling the images again. In addition to the original 20 spotted, upon invetigation there are more affected including images that have not been rebilled, images which have sold multiple times and images which have been rebilled at the differing commission rate - working through this is a manual task which is taking some time to ensure it is correct. 

Sorry for the delay - but those with commission due back to them will recieve it in due course. 

Best

Corin  

• Thanks 1
  • Alamy locked this topic