Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Anyone here using the R5?

Have you had issues with unsharp images whilst using the IS and mechanical shutter?

 

Did you solve it? And if so what worked?

 

Thanks

Phil

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phil Crean said:

Anyone here using the R5?

Have you had issues with unsharp images whilst using the IS and mechanical shutter?

 

Did you solve it? And if so what worked?

 

Thanks

Phil

 


 

Did a search out of curiosity and this seems to be quite a common issue caused by shutter shock. There are a few threads on the DPReview forum about this.  A recommended solution seems to be to use EFCS (electronic first curtain shutter. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MDM said:


 

Did a search out of curiosity and this seems to be quite a common issue caused by shutter shock. There are a few threads on the DPReview forum about this.  A recommended solution seems to be to use EFCS (electronic first curtain shutter. 

Thanks MDM. Yes... seen this and also on canon rumours site, and am playing with different settings including EFCS.

 

It's a weird effect and I'm astounded that Canon have not addressed it. The latest firmware update a few days ago did mention that an IBIS issue was corrected but I can't see an improvement using the mechanical shutter at slow speeds...

 

Any other users input would be great...

 

Phil

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Phil,

 

I have had the R5 for a few months now - I haven't noted this problem, but I almost exclusively use EFCS or Electronic shutter.

 

I have joined a few FB Canon R5 and R6 groups, if you were to post your question on there I am sure you will get useful answers!. 

 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/canonr5/?multi_permalinks=546277626579596

 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/canonr5shooters/

 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1147128648982709/

 

The first is probably the best and most active though it is mainly american users.

 

Kumar

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Doc said:

Hi Phil,

 

I have had the R5 for a few months now - I haven't noted this problem, but I almost exclusively use EFCS or Electronic shutter.

 

I have joined a few FB Canon R5 and R6 groups, if you were to post your question on there I am sure you will get useful answers!. 

 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/canonr5/?multi_permalinks=546277626579596

 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/canonr5shooters/

 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1147128648982709/

 

The first is probably the best and most active though it is mainly american users.

 

Kumar

Thanks 🙏 I’ll take a look at those

phil

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Doc Looks like EFCS and IBIS set to "Shot Only" has sorted the issue for me.

 

Shame that Canon can't get the IBIS to work with Mechanical shutter...

 

Phil

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.