Anyone else make a similar sale for a mere .021 cents?

SteveO

Question

11 answers to this question

I was not aware that others could access sales records, not that it's a big deal just find it strange. Also although the licence fee is derisory and in the microstock realms it was over $1.00 and not $0.21 net. I have had lower value net licences here recently and I presume like many others am watching the situation with concern. 

4 minutes ago, Joe Gaul said:

I was not aware that others could access sales records, not that it's a big deal just find it strange.

Others cannot. The link goes to your own account when you're logged in.

wim

5 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Others cannot. The link goes to your own account when you're logged in.

wim

I don't remember sharing that info for someone else to post, and as a technically challenged individual not sure I'd know how to Wim; must have lost more of the plot than usual. As I say not a big deal, seems I should be more concerned about my sanity and memory loss.

12 minutes ago, Joe Gaul said:

I don't remember sharing that info for someone else to post, and as a technically challenged individual not sure I'd know how to Wim; must have lost more of the plot than usual. As I say not a big deal, seems I should be more concerned about my sanity and memory loss.

When you clicked that link you got your own information. When I clicked that link I got my information. Nobody posted your information. We all get our own when we click that link. No worries.

Paulette

When I originally posed this question and added the link I didn’t realize it would link to each individuals account and just end up causing confusion. My apologies to everyone. I suppose there isn’t a way to show others your own sales info. I was just hoping to illustrate my point, to more easily show the absurdity of this sale’s license rights given for literally pennies. I suppose I’ll eventually net a dime… 😳

Thanks for clearing that up Paulette and SteveO. I can not comprehend the current low licence fees for exclusive rights managed imagery which is why nothing is marked exclusive and little rights managed anymore and most images also go to other places.

8 hours ago, BobD said:

You can't buy images for that price on microstock sites. so it's not just ridiculous it's just plain unnecessary.

you can earn  .021c on micro, on pay for view deals. There's a sort of aggregation, but it's often just another way they get to benefit without compensating the supplier.

But where has Alamy claimed recently that they are anything other than micro? Sure, good sales are reported here still, (though not by me), but if I win the random lottery I can sometimes get good value sales on my micro.

My 21 cents sale was reported this week, and it came up on the sales overview as 0$!! Unlimited print run, unlimited use, any size, any placement, and in perpetuity – A full house!

The question I need an answer to is what on earth Alamy is doing debasing photographers' work by selling this cheaply? I know we normally don't expect much for sales these days, but this is double ridiculous. Why are Alamy letting themselves be pushed this low or offering the pictures this cheaply?

Who is able to negotiate down this far, and how many pictures do you have to be using on a bulk deal to get rates this mind-bogglingly tiny?

There's no way up from rates this low is there?

Why would you want to be selling this cheaply? Surely this devalues Alamy as well as the individual photographer's work?

And I won't even see the full 21 cents of course, which is split 50-50 or maybe not even that, then has to be converted into sterling. How rewarding!!

Wow, it's quite an insult isn't it? And a disgrace that Alamy is acting on our behalf in such a way, whether or not they have the freedom to offer our work at whatever rate they like.

• Like 1